Chapter 12

We literally jump apart and dart our heads to the side to see Noah standing there with a huge smirk.

"Oh please continue, don't let my presence keep you from eating each other's faces off."

I roll my eyes, not planning on doing anything but Michael has a  whole other idea.

He stomps over to the idiot and pins him against the doorframe, "If you say anything, and I mean anything about this ever again I will make you regret it."

Noah just rolls his eyes and pushes him off, "Oh chill out, I'm not going to tell anyone."

I'm just now, truly processing what just happened and without saying anything, I walk past the two idiots and leave the room.

I don't hear anyone calling for me, which is what I preferred and I head to my room.

***

It's a few days later, and Michael and I haven't talked about the kiss since it happened. And I don't even know if I want to talk about it.

Anyways, Shawn and Kimber are over and we're about to start trying out some of the old songs that they had written to see what they are like with me as the lead vocals when Shawn looks at us all confused.

"Hey, did one of you guys mess with the equipment at all since the last time we worked in here?" he asked as he held down the red button that let us be able to hear him.

"Uhm, yeah, the day Luna moved in. Why?" Jacob asks as he plugs in his guitar.

"Because there is a new recording..."

My eyes go wide and the other four all snap their heads in my direction.

"I'm gonna play it, okay?"

Before we can even respond, the recording starts and after a few moments of nothing, us performing starts.

"What song is this?" Kimber asks.

"It's uhm, my own song, Telephone. The guys wanted me to show one of my songs to them." I reply as I start getting pretty interested in the floor.

"You wrote this? Did you write the sheet music?"

I just nod and I grab my songbook and folder, "Yeah, it's all in these."

Kimber motions me to come to the other part of the studio and when I do I hand her both items and just watch her look through them.

"These are good, like really good. Sure, it's different but still good," she says as she looks through the few songs in the book.

"Uhm thanks...Can we stop the recording though?" I ask as I look over at Shawn.

He nods and with a press of a button the song stops.

After a few more moments, Kimber looks up from the papers back to me and hands them to me, "You're more talented than I thought. But are you a triple threat?"

I looked at her confused for a moment, "A triple threat?"

"Can you play any instruments?" Shawn explains.

I smile a little, "I can play acoustic guitar and I was classically trained on the piano when I was little."

"Luna, you're like a female Cole!" Will explains suddenly.

I look over at them, "But better, if remember right you told me he wasn't very good at making sheet music."

"But he could play the drums," Michael states.

I roll my eyes and look over at Noah, "Wanna teach me how to play?"

He brakes out in a grin, "You bet."

I look back at Michael with a smirk, "Give me a few weeks and I'll be just as good as Noah, maybe even better."

Everyone but Michael laughs a little and he just shrugs, "Alright, we'll see."

After a few more moments of messing around, we finally start having me sing over tracks of their already recorded songs.

"You got a bad reputation in my neighborhood

You drive me mad with temptation 'cause it tastes so good

You know I wouldn't walk away, even if I could

It took one night, one try, ayy

Damn, I'm hooked

Ooh, I'm hooked

Oo, I'm hooked, oh"

As the track finished up, they all cheered and I just smiled a huge smile.

"I'm guessing by that reaction it sounded good?"

They nod and Jacob speaks up, "Cole wishes he was as talented as you."

Everyone laughs a little and agrees and I put the headphones back on the mic stand and I head into the other part.

I talk to everyone for a little while and we talk about how we can make some slight adjustments to the already written songs to make them suit my voice better when a phone just starts getting multiple notifications in a row.

"Uhh, who's phone is that?" I ask.

They all check their pockets and then Jacob has a huge smile on his face, "It's mine. I'll be right back."

The other boys start whispering and laughing and I just look at them confused.

"You guys know who that is, don't you?"

They smile and look back up at me and nod before Will speaks up, "Yep, that's Maddie."

"Maddie?"

"Maddison Ray, another blondie who is Jacob's girlfriend. They met in school when he was a senior and she was a junior. They reconnected about a year and a half ago and they started dating around that time also. She's studying abroad in Paris to become a fashion designer so they haven't seen each other for months." Noah adds.

I slowly nod and before I can say anything else, Jacob comes walking back with a huge smile.

"What'd she say?" Michael asked in a somewhat-exhausted tone.

"She's coming back in a few weeks for her spring break!" he replies excitedly.

I slowly nod and I look over at Michael with a confused expression before looking right back over at Jacob, "You know I'm kind of mad I had to find out about your girlfriend through these idiots."

Jacob smirks a little and looks at me apologetically, "Sorry. Wanna see a picture?"

I say sure and he pulls up a picture of her on his phone. When I look at it the first thing I noticed is her blue-grey eyes.

I smile, "She's really pretty."

He smiles and puts his phone back in his pocket, "How about we go get something to eat, I'll pay."

Everyone agrees and before I know it I'm filling myself with food.