Chapter 40

We're there for hours.

It's honestly amazing just to spend the night with my second family and Julia all at once.

And everyone seemed to be having a great time also.

"Hey, Lu? Could you go get me a towel from the bathroom? It's down that hall to the right, and then at the first left," Julz says as she comes over to me with something all over her hands.

"Uh sure. I'll be right back."

I head through the hall but right when I take the first turn, I end up on the floor.

"Woah, sorry. I wasn't paying attention," I hear the person who I ran in to say from above me.

I get up and just wipe off my sleeve, "It's fine. I wasn't either."

I finally look at the face of the person and saw that it was Jacob.

"This might not be the best time to say this but you should probably look up," he says before I could say anything else.

I look up and see a small piece of mistletoe taped to the top of the doorframe.

I groan and go to rip it down when he stops my hand.

"What are you doing?" he asks with a slight smile.

I look at him curiously, he knows what that is right? Or is he more stupid than I thought?

"I'm taking the mistletoe down."

"Why?"

I scoff, "Why not?"

"Well, what if I wanted to kiss you?"

I freeze and his eyes go wide. I'm almost positive he didn't mean to say that out loud.

"What?"

He quickly lets go of my hand and I let it drop, "Well it's bad luck if we don't right? I personally don't feel like having any Christmas curse placed on me. Besides, it's not like it's gonna mean anything."

I can tell he's rambling but I decide to just screw it and I give him a quick kiss so he would shut up.

Which he did.

But he also just stood there frozen.

I roll my eyes and go to leave the situation since I still need to get Julia a towel but before I can even take three steps he grabs my wrist and pulls me back towards him and he kisses me.

This time with a surprising amount of passion.

And I return it!

What is happening?!

After a few more moments we eventually pull apart and I kind of just stand there frozen myself before really processing what just happened.

"Wh-what was that?" I stutter.

I never stutter.

What is going on?!

"Uhm... I don't- I don't really know."

I end up quickly walking off and grab the towels and when I get back into the hallway, Jacob's gone.

I quickly head back to the main area and I give Julia the towel. But as I go to walk off most likely to the food, she stops me.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

She looks at me curiously, "Jacob just walked out without saying anything. Do you know why?"

"Uhhh," I didn't know what to say. Should I tell her? I mean yeah. But will I? I have absolutely no clue.

"Luna. Spill."

I groan and pull her to the side, "You know it's kind of your fault."

"My fault?! What did I do?!" she said looking both confused and slightly offended.

"You set up mistletoe!" I whisper-yelled.

She still looks confused for a moment but then it clicks and her eyes go wide, "No way- you didn't."

And then I told her how I did.

"Luna you got to talk to him!" she exclaims.

"I know but I don't even know where he went."

She rolls her eyes, "Call him then. You got to talk to him."

I groan and just walk away and send various texts.

Hey.

Where'd you go?

I realize now my reaction may not have been the best.

Just call me, I guess...

I don't want to make anything worse.

Jacob is such an important person in my life. I don't want to lose him. But there was also something special about that one simple kiss.

I had never felt anything like it.

This is gonna sound cliche and probably super pathetic but I honestly felt something. Something I hadn't felt before. Dare I say, I felt sparks.

Anyways, I don't know what's going on in my mind, or my heart (Go ahead, say aw). But what I do know is I need Jacob in my life. Without him, I have no clue where I would be.

I also would've slapped Michael a lot more without him.

I decide to leave and take a cab back to the hotel so the others won't be cramped in one rental car and I promise Julia that I'll talk to her tomorrow.

Once I get to the penthouse, I expect to maybe see Jacob watching tv in the living room. Or to hear his phone on in his room.

But it was completely silent.

I didn't want to barge into his room. But after listening for a few moments, and not hearing anything, I decided to just look in a tiny bit.

And I didn't see him anywhere in there.

This causes me to panic a little bit but I choose to not say anything to the others quite yet. He'll come back eventually.

Right?