19: mixed emotions

19: Mixed emotions

"Lucy, my dear." Loki spoke from his throne. " I have a little task for you and the person of your choice."

I knew I was going to pick Heather. It would give her a chance to get to the good side, even if i couldnt anymore. I wanted to give her a chance and let her do what i couldn't. And with that thought it made me feel warm inside, but it was soon replaced with the icy feeling again.

"So what is it that I have to do?" I asked.

"Well since you've already been inside the school where Nike's Champion is we're sending you there. We need you to get her alone and kill her."

I took this all in. I nodded my head at Loki, telling him I would do it. I could see Gwen in the back of my mind. She was smiling at me, her purple eyes unreadable.

"So who are you taking with you my little Champion?" I shivered when he called me that. Something didn't feel right. It was like someone else should be calling me that.

"Heather will be coming with me. We leave tomorrow." I said and turned away, walking towards Heather's house. Heather came up to me and looped her arm with mine.

"Your seeming like your old self more and more. That's good." Heather began to say. "The old you is so much better. But we have to keep that in-between us."

I didn't say anything. I didn't know what to say, except for she was starting to get kind of annoying with all this talk of my old self. Was there really an old me? Or was she lying to me? At that moment I didn't really know what to believe.

* * *

"So this is the place?" Heather asked. We were standing out front of the gates. Suddenly something hit me. It was winter brake now. There was no way could we do what we were supposed to do yet. And either way I didn't know if I could do it any way.

"Heather we can't go onto campus, nobodies there." I told her. Didn't Loki know that? If he didn't I'm pretty sure one of the other Reapers would have told him.

I started to wander down the mountain. I didn't know where my feet were taking me, I simply just followed. I lost track of time and I didn't even know if Heather was with me anymore. All I could focus on was on the road under my feet.

When I finally broke out of my daze I was looking up at a little house with a sign on the door. I walked up to the front steps and knocked on the door. Heather was behind me this whole time. Even when the purple eyed girl opened the door.

"Lucy." She exclaimed. She came towards me and crushed me in a hug. "What happened to you? You've been gone for two weeks."

I took a step back when she let me go. What did she mean I was gone for two weeks? I didn't remember ever leaving Loki's side. I was so confused.

"Can you help her?" Heather asked as I reached in my back pocket. Heather quickly grabbed my hand to stop me.

"What happened to her?" Gwen asked opening the door further open.

"First things first, do you have any rope?" The girl behind me asked.

"Yes right here." Another voice spoke. She walked into the room and I got the sudden feeling I had seen her somewhere before. She had a saddened expression on her face as she guided Heather and I to the nearest chair.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked them. They sat me in the chair and tied me to it. Gwen then walked up to me with a roll of duck tape in her hand. She gave it to Heather who ripped a piece and placed it over my mouth.

"hmmmm hm hmmmm." Was all any one could hear when I went to talk.

"I'm calling Logan." Gwen said. "He needs to know that we have her."

"Do you really think that's a good idea?" Her grandmother asked.

"Yes. It's better than him thinking that Loki still has her." Gwen walked over to the table and grabbed her cellphone. Once she made a phone call to Logan she made another one but I didn't catch to who.

"I know the first call was to Logan but what about the second one? Who's Kenzie?" Heather asked for me.

"Kenzie's Lucy's boyfriend." Gwen told her.

My breath caught in my throat. I didn't remember having a boyfriend. I tried to remember but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't. I looked up at Gwen and could tell she was serious. So Heather was correct about me not being me.

That's when I felt the first tear fall. Once they started to fall I couldn't stop them. Everything was just so confusing. What happened to me?

About an hour later Logan came in the door with a black haired dark eyed guy following him. Tears were still streaming down my face. Logan looked at me then looked at the three other girls in the room. The black haired guy went to take a step towards me but Gwen stopped him.

"How long as she been like that?" The guy asked.

"About an hour and a half. Listen Kenzie we don't know what

Loki did to her but she's not the same."

So that was the guy who was supposed to be my boyfriend. I bowed my head letting my hair cover my face. I didn't know how to feel in that moment. I just wanted to remember.

Kenzie side stepped Gwen, walked towards me and bent down. He tucked my hair behind my ear and wiped my tears. I closed my eyes to stop any more tears from falling. That and I couldn't look at Kenzie, not when I didn't even remember him when I should have.

"Hey Lucy." Kenzie spoke softly. It was like he was talking to a wounded animal. Any other time I would of hated it. But right now it was all I needed.

He slowly cupped my cheek with his hand. The memories came back to me. Or at least the ones where he was involves. I remembered kissing him those two times. I remembered the fake fight we had in the quart yard and the hours he spent with me getting me ready to join school, the first school I had ever gone to.

I opened my eyes and looked at him. All those memories were in colour. And so was he. Kenzie was the only thing in the world that was in colour at that moment.

"K- Kenzie." I breathed. I was about to give him a hug when I realized I couldn't since my hands were still tied. I looked at Logan and everyone else In the room. My memories were finally coming back to me. And everyone of them in colour.

Imagine an oil painting when it rains. All the colours slowly slip away. It was sort of like that but all the places changed and the colour was leaking in. I didn't fight Logan in the Theater, I was sparing with him in the gym at Mythos Academy. It all made sense again.

Loki had no power over me. No one did. I was a Champion. I was the Champion of Artemis.