15: the student becomes the teacher

The door made a loud thud against the wall. Gwen and Logan were getting pushed in by three Reapers I didn't recognize. No body seemed to notice me standing against the wall. And Michel seemed to have forgotten I was even there.

"Michel. What the f**k did you do?" the front man said looking down at Anna's lifeless body. I slowly started to inch towards the door so I was behind them.

"I don't know. I was just coming in for my shift when you guys came in. I hadn't even notice that. Wait is... Is that Anna?" He fell to his knees and slowly crawled forward. He put her head in his lap and started stroking her hair.

I knocked into something but quickly caught it before it hit the floor. The thing I was holding was a little box of throwing knives. That would be helpful.

I quickly turned my sword into its lipstick form and put it in my back pocket. I opened the box and pulled out two knives. I put one in each hand and let them fly. They hit the back of the two people that were holding Logan and Gwen and their knees.

Blood splattered on both of them but they stayed silent. Holding the two lifeless body's from hitting the floor. I grabbed another one but the Reaper turned and caught it in midair. There was only one person I knew who could do that. He was the one that had taught me how to do that.

"Robbie." I spat. He threw the knife back at me and I caught it inches from my face. He let out a strangled laugh.

"Lacy. Good to see you again. I see you've gotten better at that little trick I showed you." Robbie said with enjoyment. "Finally a worthy opponent for me."

"Only thing is, is that your scared. You'll never do your best when your scared. You'll die, at my hands, the one you worked so hard to train. You star pupil. Or at least that's what you told me."

I grabbed three knives in one hand and dropped the box on the floor. I threw one and let him catch it. I could tell he was unimpressed. I threw the other two and rushed towards him.

He dropped the one knife and caught the other two. I stopped a foot in front of him with my lipstick in hand. He dropped the two knives he had in his hands and grabbed my wrist. He looked at me sadly.

"Lipstick. You plan to destroy me with a thing of lipstick." He uncapped the lid and put it to his chest. "Oh no you got me. I'm going to die."

I smiled wickedly at him. "Ya actually you are." I said and twisted the bottom to the right. The next thing he knew was he had a knife through his chest.

Some how I knew I had to turn it to the right, I always did. If I turned it to the left nothing would happen.

"Bu- but how...?" he struggled.

"Oh you know, I always have my ways." I told him and then he dropped to the floor. I pulled my sword from his chest and went over to where Logan and Gwen were standing. I smiled up at them.

"Kenzie has to be here. That's the only reason they have Reapers set up on the look out." Logan and Gwen nodded.

"Um Lacy?" Gwen asked.

"Ya I know. But he's harmless." I told them because I knew that Gwen had spotted Michel.

"I know where their keeping your friend. He's in the basement." He checked his watch. "If we want to get him we need to go now. Only the guard should be down their at the moment. Lucy should be able to take care of him quickly."

I nodded and picked up the box of throwing knives. We're coming Kenzie, I thought.

We ran towards the door I had seen Michel use earlier. Michel lead the way to the stairs. As he showed us the way I made sure to remember all the lefts and rights we took. It was sad to say but I wasn't sure if I could trust Michel anymore.