24: Shocking News

It has been five days since we split. I was feeling soar from the on going sword fighting but I knew I couldn't stop. I needed to get my power under control. For if I didn't my friends might die.

"Your not quiet there yet but almost." Vic - Gwen's sword - said in his British accent. I walked over to him and flicked his head, and Gwen laughed when he complained. "Ow. It's not like I'm being rude, it's just simply the truth. One more fight and you don't fade then you'll most likely have it."

"But for now we need to rest." Rory said. I looked at her and shook my head.

"I'm almost ready. One more fight and I'll have this. I can rest on the way to meet up with the others." I looked at Logan. "You ready?"

He nodded and stood up. I could tell he was a bit tired but if I could do this one more time, so could he and he knew it. He gave me a reassuring smile and grabbed his water. I started to head towards the car I borrowed when someone grabbed my wrist.

I looked up and saw Kenzie looking down at me. "Lucy, you need to rest. You can't go into the battle against Loki how you are now. There's no way you'll be able to survive."

I took a deep breath. "As long as Loki is defeated and you guys survive, I don't care if I survive." I kissed Kenzie's cheek and left him standing there in shock along with Logan, Rory, and Gwen. Even Vic was at a loss for words.

• • •

As I stood in front of the Reaper safe house I was feeling uncertainty. But I had to do this. If I didn't do this I would black out for sure. And I couldn't let that happen, not if my friends' lives depended on it. I took a deep breath and started towards the building.

I knocked on the door letting the guard come to the door. They looked through the peak hole and opened the door. "Lucy, I haven't seen you since you were five." Kandle said. I looked into his dark brown eyes.

"Remember how you said you saw me doing good things?" I asked and he nodded. "Now is the time to help. Keep your promise to me." He nodded again.

I walked towards the nearest person and smirked at them. "Why don't you and I...?" I let my voice trail off. He nodded my head and grabbed my arm. We walked into an empty room off to the right and I slipped out my dagger and stabbed him in the stomach. He went to scream but I covered his mouth with my hand. Then I let his lifeless body fall to the ground.

I pulled the key from his belt and walked back into the room where I had left Kandle. I smirked at him and slid the key into the hole and opened the door where the guy was standing moments before. I walked in and everyone turned to me. They brought out their swords and I knew they all knew who I was. About thirty to two seemed like good odds.

Bringing out my lipstick-sword I twisted the bottom and stabbed it into the nearest guys chest. I could feel someone coming up behind me and ducked. I spun around and stabbed him as well. Slipping some of the throwing knives that I hid in my sleeves I threw them as well.

I swung, jumped, ducked, and blocked until there was only Kandle and I left in the room. I looked over at him and saw he was breathing heavy, but he was standing. I was on my knees trying to suck in air. This was the most tired I had ever felt before.

Kandle came towards me and slowly raised his sword. I could see the anger in his eyes and saw the fact that he wanted to kill me. I looked back down at the floor. He had helped me defeat Everyone in the Reaper safe house only to turn on me. I took a breath and excepted my fait.

But nothing happened. I looked back up to see Oliver standing over me with his sword blocking Kandle's from hitting me. I shook the shock away and scrambled out of the way. Well it was more like Alexei pulled me out of the way. He leaned my body against the wall then went over to help Oliver with Kandle.

While they were fighting more people entered the room and I knew they Reapers. But I couldn't help Oliver and Alexei as much as I wanted to since Daphne was now holding me against the wall. She was trying to heal me along with keep me in one spot. Carson was standing behind Daphne, blocking her from anyone who came near.

"Daphne, let me go. I need to help them." I pleaded. She looked me in the eyes and suddenly stumbled back. I slowly stood and I could feel the little bit of energy Daphne had given me. I pulled out my sword and it clanged with the one that was about to take off Daphne's head.

Daphne scrambled back and I let the Reaper's sword make contact with the ground. Before he could lift his sword he was decapitated. Not by me but by Alexei. I smiled a quick thanks and stabbed the person that was coming at me from my left.

Soon there were no more Reapers to fight except for Kandle again. How he survive again, I had no idea. Alexei started to go after him when I put my hand on his shoulder. I took a step forward so I was in front of all my friends.

"This is my fight. I'm the one who falsely judged him so I will be the one to set things right." I took another step forward and dropped my sword. He looked at me when I slipped the last throwing knife from my sleeve and threw it.

I scooped up my own sword and ran towards him. He deflected the throwing knife but he didn't deflect me. He was all but too focused on the throwing knife. I stabbed him in the stomach and his sword came down on my shoulder.

I screamed out in pain and we both stumbled back. He fell to the ground, lifeless, as I fell to the ground exhausted. I lied there letting Daphne fuss over me, but it seemed like she was afraid to touch me, as if I were some fragile doll.

"Daphne?" I asked but she didn't look at me. "Daphne what happened? What happened during the fight that made you let me fight?"

She stayed silent.

"Daphne?" Carson asked.

"I saw it."

"Saw what?" I asked.

"I saw the way you die."

SORRY IM A BIT SLOW WITH MY UPDATES IT'S JUST WITH WATERPOLO AND HOMEWORK I HAVEN'T HAD MUCH TIME TO WRITE. BUT I PLAN ON GETTING BACK ON SCHEUDULE.