17: Fenrir Wolves

17: Fenrir Wolves

Breathing heavy I let out another sigh. I had just ran about ten miles without stopping. I collapsed to the snowy ground and just lied there for a moment. Nyx jumped towards me and licked my face. My sweat was soon replaces with her slobber.

"Why are we all the way out here?" I asked her. Nobody would be able to find us. Our tracks were now covered with fresh snow. We might not even find our way back.

She barked happily and I stood. Swiping the snow from my back I wondered how we were going to get back to the lodge. But I couldn't pay attention to that right now, Nyx was running once again. I followed after her until I fell to the ground.

Sprinting ten miles in the snow that came up to my knees was quite the work out. I rolled onto my back when I felt something vibrate in my pocket. Startled I pulled out my phone and looked at the screen. Thirteen missed calls and thirty-six texts.

I sat up and started to text Logan, Gwen and Kenzie back when I saw what Nyx was barking at. I saw a little boy lying face first in the snow. I walked over to him and turned him over. Kneeing down beside him I listened for a heart beat.

As soon as I heard it I took off my coat and wrapped it around his shoulders. The kid looked about ten years old, with light brown hair. As I started to pick him up, he snuggled closer to me. Absorbing as much of my body heat as he could.

That's when I heard a howl. I looked at Nyx and saw it wasn't coming from her. She jumped towards me, afraid of what had howled. I knew it was a Fenrir Wolf. I had grown up listening to their howls.

A silver wolf came into the little clearing we were in. When I noticed her I almost dropped the boy in my arms. She came stocking towards us, when I called out her name. The silver Fenrir wolf stopped in her tracks.

"Demry." I called out.

When she heard her name she seemed startled. The redness in her eyes were soon shooken away. She looked up at me and barked happily. Her red eyes now returned blue.

She ran towards me causing Nyx to growl. I kneeled on the ground and put the boy in my lap, letting Nyx and Demry sniff each other making sure the other was safe to be around. Once they were sure it was okay they both came towards me and started sniffing the boy. After a minute Nyx licked his face and he stirred awake.

"Wh- who are you." He shivered looking up at me.

"I'm Lucy Quinn." I told him.

"So does that mean, I'm safe? Just like you are."

"What do you mean? Just like I am. I'm not safe. I never am." But there was no choice in arguing. He just fell back asleep in my arms.

"Demry. Can you get us back to the lodge?" I asked her. She nodded in response. I climbed onto her back and pulled the boy and Nyx up with me.

Demry started to run. I gripped onto her fur making sure nobody fell off. As Demry ran Nyx dug her claws into her back. Demry winced and stopped. Nyx jumped to the ground and Demry picked her up by the scruff on Nyx's neck. Then she started running once more.

When we finally returned to the lodge, everyone turned to look at me. They all stared at me in shock, but I had no time for them. I slid off Demry's back and told her to go back in the forest and I would be back for her soon. I picked up the boy and hurried into the lodge infirmary. Once I got there people took him from my arms and told me to leave.

I started to argue when Logan, Gwen, and Kenzie all came rushing into the room. All worried about where I had been. I rolled my eyes and told them what had happened, leaving out the part about Demry. I couldn't tell them about her, not yet at least.

"Lucy! Where have you been?" I looked over to see Nickamades coming towards me. He had a relieved but angry look on his face.

"I'm sorry, Nyx went wondering and I had to follow her. I didn't want her getting lost out there."

"Lucy you've been gone for three hours with out any contact with anyone. Everyone went out looking for you. Any thing could of happened to you while you were out there. Lucy that's it your staying in your room until we leave, no visitors either." He said shooting a glare in my three friends' detection.

He grabbed me by the arm and guided me up the stairs. He pushed me into my room and shut the door. I ran to my window and looked around. I could see Demry at the edge of the tree line, waiting for me to appear. She looked up at me and I could see her eyes were still blue. That meant no Reapers had found her yet.

I looked around and saw that there was a drain pipe outside the the window to my right. I opened my window and stood on the window sill. If I fell it would be a twelve story fall. Probably to my death.

I stepped onto the window sill next to mine. I heard a little yell and they opened their door to the hallway. I quickly grabbed the drain pipe and slid down to the ground. Once on the ground I looked up at my open window.

"Lucy!" My uncle yelled. "Get down!"

Confused all I could do was turn around. I stopped, frozen in shock. The Black roc came swooping down, and grabbed me by the arms. I struggled, but it was no use. The bird flew farther and farther from the lodge, with me in its talons.