Chapter 6 : Unexpected

While everyone was in their classes I wandered around campus looking for something to do. When I came across the library. When I first entered all I could do was stare. There was so many statues of so many gods it was crazy.

As I slowly took a look around the room I noticed an empty spot where Loki should be. I was filled with joy when I realized I wouldn't have to look at his face anytime soon. But there was no doubt he was going to still haunt my dreams like he has ever since I was little.

As I wondered the library I found my self up on the second floor, looking up at the statue of Artemis. I looked around the of near statues and noticed that Apollo was right besides Artemis. Of corse the twins were put beside each other.

I heard the rustling of clothing and looked over the balcony. People started to file in telling me that classes were over. I quickly hid behind the statues so no one would notice me. I still wasn't ready for so many people's attention.

I wasn't eager to go down to the first floor so I started to look at the books on the shelfs behind me. There was so many of them. I picked a random book of the shelf and looked at the title. 'The World of Olympus' was the title of the dusty book I had picked.

I sat down on the floor and flipped it open. I looked at the index and saw that it had a chapter for all the different Greek gods. From Zeus to Boreas, who ever that was. I started to flip through and the page landed on Artemis.

What was up with this, I thought. First I wander to her statue and then I pick a book, flip through the pages and it opens up to the pages about her. This was weird.

Then all of a sudden the world started to spin. I started to get up from the floor but fell down again. The pages of the book I was holding started to flip. Back and forth, to the end of the book to the beginning before finally it stopped. All of it just stopped, the world stopped spinning and the pages stopped turning. I looked down at the book again to see it had turned to the pages where the chapter of Apollo ends and Artemis begins.

"Lucy?" I heard someone say from behind me. I looked around to see that I was suddenly on the first floor near the glass offices. I turned to where the voice had come from and saw a very confused Logan looking back at me.

"What's going on?" he asked clearly still confused.

"I don't know. I was up on the second floor then all of a sudden I'm here, and look." I said holding up the book. I quickly told him what happened, then started to look around again. We were alone in the library. Where had everyone gone to.

I scanned the room one more time and notice two people standing up on the balcony where two statues had gone missing. I gasped.

Logan pulled his eyes away from the book and looked at me questioningly. "Look." I told him.

"It - it's Artemis an-and Apollo." I said in disbelief. They both nodded their heads and the next thing I knew they disappeared. All I could do was stare at where they had stood until Logan elbowed me in my side. I looked up at him to see he was looking behind me.

I turned around to see Artemis standing in front of me, with Apollo standing beside her in front of Logan. I had nothing to say except that they were beautiful. They both just seemed to glow. I quickly knelt down on one knee. Logan dropped at the same time I did. I heard Artemis laugh lightly before telling us to rise.

"Logan and Lucy, we are here for a very important reason." Apollo said. I looked over at him and noticed that not only did he glow slightly but he glowed a light yellow. And Artemis seemed to glow a light silver.

"For once I agree, it is quite important." She said. " We are here to ask you two to be our Champions. Lucy you shall be my Champion and Logan you shall be Apollos if you are to except."

I looked over Logan and saw he had a look of disbelief on his face. I could understand why he was so shocked. To be honest I was to just not as shocked as he was. This was my second time being asked to be a Champion.

Right then a shiver ran down my spine. The last time I had been asked was by Loki. The one that gave me nightmares. The one that did nothing but hurt people.

A thought came to me then. If I said yes to being Artemis's Champion that would give me another reason not to give in to Loki. Sure it would make them want to hurt me even more but I didn't care. That bridge of hate couldn't get that much bigger.

"Yes, Artemis, I will be your Champion. But one question." I said.

A smile seemed to grow on her face. "Okay ask your question and I promise to answer."

"Were you the one who helped me yesterday and if not who was.''

"Oh yes I was the one to help you in your time in need. You see I had found out that Loki had asked you to be his Champion, and when I saw that you had the courage to say it, no matter the the consequences. And to be quiet truthful I was quite surprised that you answered the question so soon with what had just happened yesterday." She said with her smile widening.

I elbowed Logan and he seemed to be to be shooken out of a dais. He looked over at Apollo and nodded his head. "Yes." was all he could manage.

"Thank you." they both said.

Artemis sipped her hand through the air looking like she was trying to something. "Here." she said holding out her hand towards me. I slowly raised my hand, palm up. She placed something small into it and lowered her hand. In my hand sat a small lipstick.

"Twist the bottom." she told me. I did what she told me and watched as the lipstick turned into a fully grown sword. "Then to turn it back just turn the bottom the other way." I did that then pocketed the lipstick.

I saw Logan with stick in his hand. The stick didn't look like anything special until he broke it in half. It turned into a sword just as mine had. He then hit the butt of the sword off his calf after swinging it a couple of times. It turned back into a stick and all he could do was stare at it.

"Goodbye Champions." They both said.

Artemis put her hand to my cheek and I couldn't help but look up into her silver eyes. she smiled a sad smile and said, "stay strong, Lucy, and be the hunter." I blinked up at her but when I opened my eyes again she was gone.

I looked around me and saw that Logan and I were back on the second floor. I quickly looked over the balcony and saw that everyone was there once more. But this time Uncle Nickamdes was there. He was talking to someone and I knew that they didn't teach here.

I looked over at Logan once more and saw surprise on his face. He looked over at me and said, "that's him. That's our dad."

HEE HEE. SURPRISE DADDY'S AT SCHOOL. THE ONLY QUESTION IS HOW WILL HE REACT TO THIS NEW CHANGE?!?! I CAN'T TELL YOU THAT. . . NOT YET AT LEAST.

OK BYE GYTANNA_NATHAN AND OTHER READERS BYE. ;)

~Juicebox55555