23: split Decisions

23: Split Decisions

"Lucy are you sure we're ready?" I looked at Rory and nodded. If I could invade sixteen Reaper safe houses by myself the four of us could invade this one and make it out alive. But I could understand her worried tone, this was the third biggest Reaper safe house in America. The guys were going after the second one and then we would regroup and go to the biggest Reaper safe house, the safe house where Loki was.

"Hey as long as anything doesn't happen to me you guys are fine." Daphne spoke. Although it sounded a bit self-centered I knew what she meant. She was talking about herself being a healer. But as she said that pink sparks shot from her finger tips, she was nervous.

Suddenly I felt my gut clench. I took a quick look around us. My heart starting to pound I pushed Gwen out of the way and caught the arrow that was coming for the back of her head. I grabbed the arrow by the tail and threw it back the way it came. I heard something hit the ground with an oof.

That's when all the Reapers emerged from the forest. I could tell by the looks on their faces that they were the ones who chased me - the seventy Reapers who were after me. Suddenly I regretted not having the guys here. But with that thought I knew it was going to make us fight harder, because there was no way any of us were going to die with out seeing them again.

"Lucy, how nice it is to see you. I see you've brought some friends. Champions of Nike, Sigyn, and Hades. I never thought I'd see them working together." Gus - the leader spoke.

"Maybe in different circumstances, but at the moment they all have one common goal. And either way were not them, Gus, and neither are you." I shot back, trying to draw as many peoples attention as I could.

"Well one we kill Nike's Champion we will. Loki said he'd make us gods." there was a quick round of cheers.

"Not if I have anything to do with it." I muttered sliding a throwing knife from my sleeve and throwing it at Gus. I ran forward and grabbed the first guys sword and plunging it into his stomach. Everyone seemed startled at first until I killed the third person the same way.

Our war started like that. I ducked, parried, swung, and stabbed. I had just decapitated my ninth person when every thing started to go black. But it's not like I was going to pass out, because I could easily swing my sword. No I was losing myself, slowly losing what I had gained. I was turning once again and the only way to gain myself was to stop.

I was about to drop to the ground when arms grabbed me. I tried to strike out but stopped myself. If I killed one more time I'd be gone. But if I didn't Gwen, Daphne, and Rory were going to die.

I lashed out behind me using the pocket knife in my pocket. I stabbed them in the thigh and my vision blurred. I was no longer in my body, but watching as it went on a rampage. Striking out I watched as the numbers lessened. It was kind of cool to watch what I could do.

"You know that is a very dangerous move." a strong gentle voice spoke from behind me. I turned to see Artemis looking down at what I had just been watching. "But yet it was also needed to save your friends."

"I had no choice, if I didn't do it they would of died." I told her.

"Yes but in that state you lash out on everyone. Friend or foe, it makes no difference to your body when you are no longer there."

"Then how do I stop it, before it hurts one of my friends?" I asked a little bit of worry clear in my voice.

"You simply can not. The only way to get you back into your body is for your brothers touch. He's the only one who can get you back."