Twenty three

"The Yule Ball is approaching, a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity for us to socialize witth our foreign guests. Now, the ball will be open only to fourth years and above, although you may invite a younger student if you wish."

"Excuse me, what is happening?" Aries asked, turning her head to Lavender and Hermione.

"Professor McGonagall just explained everything, even summarized it. You need to pay more attention. The Yule Ball, it involves dancing, dancing and dancing and a feast afterwards. Oh, and also drinks. But mostly dancing." Lavender told her.

"So... it's a dance?" Aries asked.

"Yes!"

"But I don't know how to dance."

"You'll learn." Hermione assured her.

"Okay." Aries said, then her head went back in the clouds again, but suddenly, she noticed two boys staring at her and quickly averted their gazes when she caught them. "Is there some special reason why they're staring at me?"

Most of the boys from the other side stood up, and even the girls in Aries's side. Aries frowned and looked around in confusion. "Why's everyone standing?"

"Why are you always confused? get up." Hermione helped her stand up.

"Don't yell at me," Aries pouted.

The same two boys who were staring at her took one step forward to ask Aries but Seamus blocked their way and pulled Aries to the dance floor, where everyone practiced dancing.

"Hey hey hey, I don't know how to dance!"

"I don't know how either." he laughed.

Seamus felt the eyes on them. "Wow, now I understand how you feel, being the centre of attention."

She laughed. "It's not that bad. If you have strong ties with me, you're going to have to get used to it."

"Strong ties, like... in a relationship?" he asked.

"...Yeah, in a relationship." She said, blushing slightly.

Aries remembered what her grandmother, Walburga told her when they were chatting peacefully for the first time without yelling at each other.

"Aries, my... dear child Most of us have met our lovers in Hogwarts, so let me tell you what I want you to do. Please, for the love of god, high status is all that matters. Do not have a bond with anyone but a Slytherin."

But Aries of course had to argue so she lied about having a relationship with a poor Muggleborn Hufflepuff which made her grandmother rage.

Interrupting their dance was McGonagall. "Black, a word, if you please."

She took both Harry and Aries in her office, the two 100% believed they were in trouble because getting in trouble is literally all they do in Hogwarts.

"Professor... is there a problem?" Aries asked carefully.

"No, not a problem, Black." she shook her head. "The champions and their partners—"

"What partners?" said Harry.

McGonagall looked suspiciously at him, as though she thought he was trying to be funny. "Your partners for the Yule Ball, Potter. Your dance partners."

"I thought you were joking about the Yule Ball, Minnie!" Aries said with a disappointed tone.

Harry went red. "I don't dance." he said quickly.

"Neither do I!" Aries added quickly.

"Oh yes, you do. That's what I'm telling you. Traditionally, the champions and their partners open the ball."