Nineteen

"Why are you nervous?" Aries asked Neville after seeing his legs bouncing nervously in the seat next to him.

He blushed and stopped bouncing his legs. "Sorry. I have no idea why I'm nervous." he laughed awkwardly.

"Hmm, so I have a question about Herbology, what's that one plants name, the one that spews Stinksap upon contact?" Aries asked him.

Neville thought for a moment trying to remember the name.

"No, no, no. For what reason do you want it's name?" Hermione quickly acted up before Aries gets dangerous information that could kill someone.

"Hermione, I can have a Herbology homework too, you know!" Aries said, she was shocked because no one takes her seriously.

"Mimbulus Mimbletonia." Neville gave her the answer.

"Thank you! now tell me, can it attack people?" she asked.

"Aries!" Hermione scolded.

"Aries, no one wants to get hit by stinksap, it would be a horrible attack." Neville told her, he noticed the look Hermione was giving so he quickly spoke before it's late. "I mean its harmless!"

"Harmless?!" Aries exclaimed. "No!"

"Did Aries fail a test or something?" Seamus asked while sitting, he noticed the devastated look on her face.

"Does Aries ever get upset over failing a test?" said Harry sarcastically.

"Hermione, they're bullying me." Aries whined.

"Stop it." Hermione scolded them.

"Well, the goblet is almost ready to make it's decision." said Dumbledore. "I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them please to come up to the top of the hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber, where they will be receiving their first instructions."

The flames inside the goblet turned suddenly red. Sparks began to fly from it. Next moment, a tongue of flame shot into the air, a charred piece of parchment fluttered out of it.

Dumbledore caught the piece of parchment. "The champion for Durmstrang... will be Viktor Krum."

"No surprises there!" Ron yelled.

"Your beloved boyfriend, of course. The wedding's on me." Aries muttered while rolling her eyes.

A storm of applause and cheering swept the Hall as Krum went towards Dumbeldore then disappeared through the door into the next chamber.

Another piece of parchment shot out of the goblet, Dumbledore caught it. "The champion for Beauxbatons, is Fleur Delacour!"

And as Krum did, Fleur went to Dumbledore, shook his hand and vanished into the side chamber.

The goblet turned red once more, sparks showered out of it, the tongue of flame shoy high inti the air, and from it's tip Dumbledore pulled the third piece of parchment.

"The Hogwarts champion..."

"Please tell me it's Angelina." Harry mumbled while watching closely.

"Cedric Diggory!" Dumbledore announced the last champion.

"No!" said Ron loudly.

Every Hufflepuff had jumped on their feet, screaming and stamping as Cedric made his way past them, grinning broadly, he headed off toward the chamber.

"This sucks! it should've been Angelina." Lee groaned.

"Excellent!" Dumbledore called happily. "Well, we now have our three champions. I am sure I can count upon all of you, including the remaining students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, to give your champions every ounce of support you can muster. By cheering your champions on, and you will contribute in a very real—"