Five

Everyone's eyes in the Great Hall were fixed on Aries as Dumbledore explained the entire situation. Their stares were accusing and hurtful; some looked angry, some worried.

Their glares were meant to scare her. Everyone expected her to be frightened, but she was far from it. She loved the attention, thrilled by it. This wasn't the reaction anyone anticipated, but Aries was a girl who enjoyed being the center of attention.

"Now, you may go," McGonagall said as the meeting concluded. "Be careful, do not get yourself into trouble."

'Don't get myself into trouble. I can handle that,' she thought with an ironic smirk. "Don't worry, Professor. I am the most responsible one here, so you have nothing to fear."

McGonagall looked nervous, clearly hoping that Sirius's daughter wasn't like him. "Good luck, Miss Black."

Aries nodded. "Thank you, Professor." She gave the professor a warm smile before walking away.

"It's her, I'm telling you!" Ron exclaimed as soon as he was sure she was out of earshot. "She—she wanted to kill me, with a knife!"

Hermione looked horrified. "She wouldn't do that, would she? I mean, not while we are in this castle. I'm sure Dumbledore wouldn't let a killer in—"

"But he did let a killer in, Hermione. And she's after me," Ron interrupted, his fear evident.

Harry suddenly froze, staring at something—or someone—behind Ron, making him nervous.

A small sniff near his ear made Ron turn around, only to be greeted by a confused Aries.

"Why isn't it with you?" she asked.

Ron's heart skipped several beats; he looked like he might have a heart attack at any moment. "You!" he yelped, pointing accusingly at her.

"Me?" Aries tilted her head questioningly.

Harry stepped forward, positioning himself between Ron and Aries. "You're the girl who came to my aunt's house. Sirius Black's daughter."

Aries raised an eyebrow. "I'd rather you call me Aries, James Potter's son," she said, extending her hand.

Harry froze in disbelief for a moment. "How do you know my father's name?" he asked cautiously.

"Harry, you know her?" Hermione asked, surprised.

"Your father was my father's friend," Aries told Harry. "You look exactly like your father, the hair, the glasses, but of course not the eyes, yours are gentle."

"He's dead," Harry said coldly.

"I know, orphan," Aries spat harshly.

Ron and Hermione's eyebrows shot up in surprise as they exchanged glances.

Harry clenched his jaw and started ignoring her presence. "We should head to Professor Lupin's class, or else we'll be late."

The three friends left without another word.

"She's like another Malfoy. Just don't give her the attention she's craving," Harry advised them as they walked to their class.

"That might be easier said than done," Ron muttered. "There's no way to avoid being her target. She's going to murder me before we know it."

"Ron, for goodness' sake. She's not going to—" Hermione started.

Harry stopped abruptly, causing Hermione to frown and look at what he was seeing.

"They're hounding her," Harry said softly.

And he wasn't wrong. Aries was cornered by some Slytherins as she tried to walk past them but couldn't.