rather be.

4.

We staked out on a mission to find our inner peace

Make it everlasting so nothing's incomplete

It's easy being with you, sacred simplicity

As long as we're together, there's no place I'd rather be

With every step we take, Kyoto to The Bay

Strolling so casually

We're different and the same, gave you another name

Switch up the batteries

If you gave me a chance, I will take it

It's a shot in the dark, but I'll make it

Know with all of your heart you can't shame me

When I am with you, there's no place I'd rather be

--

Eddy is starting to get scared. Brett has four months, then, who knows where he'll be. They both want music as their career and they both want to do it together. But it's hard, at least for Eddy.

Eddy was sitting alone on the bench where the two boys always sat to have their bubble tea. He didn't invite Brett to come over, neither did he start conversation with him that day. And that scared Brett a little. Brett knew Eddy inside out, and it was not surprising for him to find Eddy sitting on the green bench in front of The Bubble Tea shop. Eddy had his eyes closed, so Brett took the advantage and slowly crept up behind him. His hands slowly crept down to Eddy's neck and he started tickling Eddy mercilessly. Eddy got startled, he jumped but found his defense mechanisms down and before he could protest, he started laughing maniacally. Brett finally calmed down and stopped, "That's your punishment for not talking to me properly today." He sat down beside him with a huff. "Dude, that was so evil," Eddy finally breathed out. Brett now turned his body to face Eddy completely, "So, now tell me what's wrong?" Eddy quickly inhaled, and shook his head, "Uh, n-nothing," but his stutter mid-speech failed him. "Well, seriously, what's wrong?" Eddy still shook his head, trying to reassure himself, more than Brett, that nothing was wrong. Brett absolutely was not buying this, "Dude, I'm your best friend, tell me."

When Eddy got the ability to speak, he opened his mouth. But no words made their way out, only tears; fell out from his eyes, dripping down and hitting the pavement with a soft thump. Brett's palm travelled up and down Eddy's back as he tried to stop the younger man from crying, "It's okay, Eddy, tell me. I won't judge you, tell me what's wrong. I'll help you, I'm always here." Eddy's tears finally stopped, only soft hiccups left his lips. Eddy sat up straight, "Nothing mate, I- I am just scared a bit. Y-you h-have very less time left, and then we'll have to part." Brett's hand stopped in his tracks, 'Oh stupid me, I forgot to tell this man,' Brett thought for a second, "No, Eddy, we'll- we'll call, we'll still be friends, then you'll come to the same college as me and everything will be fine. Same." Eddy shook his head a 'no' sharply before realizing something, "What? Call?" Brett froze, he didn't mean to tell him in this state, but he knew he had no choice.

Brett dropped his head down, "I forgot to tell you Eddy, I'm sorry." He briefly stopped, and Eddy with teary eyes looked at him. "I-I I auditioned for Juilliard. And the people told me I had a fair chance of getting selected." Eddy sat up straight, his eyes wide in shock. Brett couldn't interpret the facial expression but he was sure Eddy was going to be mad for not telling him sooner, but instead Eddy breathed out a little, "That's so awesome." And gave Brett a real, sweet, genuine smile. "I am so happy, Brett why didn't you tell me?" Brett was a little shocked, "I was busy with the school's work. I planned on telling you today afternoon, but you didn't talk much to me." Eddy hugged Brett, "I am so happy for you, I'm sure you'll get through." He patted him on his back and pulled out of the hug. He was genuinely looking happy but Brett knew something was a tiny bit off, from Eddy's eyes. But he couldn't quite put a finger on it, maybe it was just from the crying earlier, 'Yeah that's what it is,' Brett reassured himself.

'You cannot say it, not now. You cannot ruin his mood. Shut your mouth, tell him later.' Eddy's mind constantly scolded Eddy. He agreed to that voice. Those little, short gentle reprimands kept Eddy sane that evening. They parted ways after the little conversation and went to their respective homes. 'And here comes your fear,' a different voice spoke. '5' it counted, '4' it continued, '3' Eddy was almost in his bedroom, '2' he walked in, '1' the door shut. 'Now,'

Eddy started crying. Shivering from an unknown fear. 'It's gonna be alright, Eddy.' a different, gentle voice spoke. 'It's okay,' he said.

'You should have told him.'