someone you loved.

14.

I need somebody to heal

Somebody to know

Somebody to have

Somebody to hold

It's easy to say,

But it's never the same

I guess I kinda liked the way you numbed all the pain,

Now the day bleeds

Into night fall

And you're not here

To get me through it all

I let my guard down

And then you pulled the rug

I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved

Author's note: be careful... little teeny tiny stuff about death ahead.

Eddy was bored. Extremely bored. It was a Sunday night and he found himself all alone in his bed sheets with a bottle of water for God-knows-the-reason why. He was too exhausted and desperately needed to vent out his thoughts. He decided on alcohol but remembering it was a Monday the next day, he chose otherwise. Instead he decided to browse YouTube. In order to find something which would distract him from everything. He found some weird stuff, along with more weird stuff, along a with a lot of weird stuff. Turtles making love? Check.  A man breaking a cello? Check. A man playing an air flute? Check. Prodigies? Che- Yeah he didn't actually watch the whole video. Since he wanted nothing, absolutely nothing, no connection whatsoever with music. The flute, you ask? Well that was just air and you can't actually do anything with that skill. The cello? I mean, he broke it anyways. Shouldn't have though, it was pretty. Eddy flinched. Real hard.

Yes, he hated music. But not to a level that he would break his own vio- that was a cursed thought. After all he needed something still tied back to his past, because he couldn't just forget everything right? 'No you can't Eddy,' the voice in his head spoke once more. First time in a long time. 'You can leave your past behind, but you can never remove it from your memories. It will be there. It what makes you, you.'

Something was off. The voice had changed. The pitch was kind of similar but the voice was more feminine. Very feminine and very known. "Who are you?" Eddy asked the darkness, wanting a response but to no avail. Well, his mind was his mind, after all. He wouldn't know until he himself didn't remember. He was basically talking to himself. Eddy switched off the phone and stared at the edge of the bed, trying to remember whose voice it was. When suddenly it hit him. 'Stupid you, Eddy. Couldn't remember me now, huh?' The voice said, with a soft, stern yet playful tone. "Of course." Eddy scoffed at himself, lowering his head to grin at his stupidity.

It was his sister, Belle.

'Now will you please pick up your mobile, and call Belle?' His voice asked. 'She might be worried, you haven't called her in months.' Eddy nodded, "You're right." So he did, he picked up his mobile phone and clicked on the contacts lists. Belle was the only one except ... to start with B in his list. He quickly pressed in the call icon, and listened to soft C sharp of the phone buzzing. "Hello! Eddy you alright? You never picked up any calls?" His sister's enthusiasm was something which Eddy always envied. She could have a broken little toe but her face would bear the beautiful smile she had and her voice would always be energetic, showering positive energy on everyone. "Yeah I'm doing great. How are you doing?" Belle response with, "I'm good too bro. So what happened? Why'd you suddenly call at 11PM?" Eddy looked at his phone's watch and mentally facepalmed. Belle was probably having dinner. "Nothing actually, just felt like I should call, you know? Like check up on people? Know if they're alright, since you haven't been calling too for like months." Eddy could hear Belle chuckle, "Ah, so I didn't call you, so you got worried?" Eddy nodded and quickly said, "Hm." Knowing Belle couldn't see him. "Well you weren't picking up my calls, I figured you needed some time." Her voice lowered, Eddy knew what she was pointing at. He knew very that she understood why he was calling. Why his conscience wanted him to check up on her.