rewrite the stars.

6.

You know I want you

It's not a secret I try to hide,

I know you want me

So don't keep saying our hands are tied,

You claim it's not in the cards

Fate is pulling you miles away

And out of reach from me,

But you're here in my heart

So who can stop me if I decide

That you're my destiny?

What if we rewrite the stars?

Say you were made to be mine

Nothing could keep us apart

You'd be the one I was meant to find,

It's up to you, and it's up to me

No one can say what we get to be

So why don't we rewrite the stars?

Maybe the world could be ours

Tonight

--

Eddy did not get any sleep that night. He was worried to the bones but somehow whenever he felt too sad, Brett's happy face came to his mind. Brett always gave off the happy aura and it always successfully lightened Eddy's mind, but not today. Not now. The more he thought of Brett, the more the tight feeling in his chest increased and hurt him. He tried the whole night to shut his system down, and not think of the following day. When he successfully did so, the whole room's deafening silence was taken over by Eddy's alarm. 8:40 it read.

With a heavy sigh, Eddy got up and got out of bed. Brushed and dressed himself in under ten minutes and left the house, not bothering to wish his mother nor his sister a 'good morning'. Yes, Belle looked a bit worried at Eddy's behavior but there was nothing she could do.

Eddy reached the park where he was supposed to meet Brett that day, feeling heavy and sad. He had absolutely no idea what Brett wanted to say and whatever in the world was so important. As he got closer he saw a figure already sitting in their bench. 'No way,' he wondered looking down at his watch. 8:55 it read. Brett was early. Eddy slowly walked unto the bench and surprisingly let out an overly enthusiastic "Hello bro!" Brett turned around practically beaming with happiness. "Hi!" he squealed, his tone was way too high pitched. Eddy smiled, no, he grinned at that. "What's up?" Eddy felt energetic, Brett always had that power. "Get up! Let's grab a coffee!" Brett screeched. Eddy agreed.

Around twenty minutes later, Eddy and Brett returned with their coffees. It was still pretty early in the morning and not much children were playing in the park anyways, meaning their usual place was empty. "So, yesterday my family had a little union and all my cousins and uncles and aunts and whoever the rest were came to our house. A lot of people were becoming doctors, you know and they were so happy! It almost seemed liked the aunts were competing who's son would become a lawyer or a doctor or a dentist first. It was a disaster!! A fun one though." Brett blurted out. He was so overwhelmed that he didn't see Eddy flinch in between and push back into the metal seat even further. Or maybe he did, just that his rational part of brain was on halt for sometime. He was so into ranting about his far-from-home family members that he couldn't understand that Eddy wasn't responding, neither was he humming or nodding in reply.

A few minuted more passed which seemed like an eternity to Eddy. He didn't know what was making Brett so happy. When Brett finally stopped blabbing and looked at Eddy, he realized he had a out-of-the-world look on his face. Eddy was looking but his expression was blank, almost as if he was looking through Brett. Brett relaxed a bit and lightly poked Eddy on his shoulder. Eddy broke out from his daze and stared blankly at Brett and gave a small smile. "So?" He started and raised his eyebrows. "So?" Brett asked, confused. "So why is Brett Yang so happy?" Eddy spoke up with a cute smile on his face. Brett confused look faded away and now he had a comical face on, "Oh God! I didn't tell you? Oh my God, how could I forget telling that?"He jumped up and down in his chair a couple of times and face palmed a few more times.

It would have been 5 seconds, really, but it felt like hours for Eddy. He wanted to hear the information. He needed to know what was making Brett so happy that he didn't realize his best friend was practically dying inside. And that's when the bomb fell, blasting everything and setting flame to whatever hope Eddy had inside.

"Bro, I passed Juilliard's auditions. I'm going to New York in a few months!"

The castles fell, set on fire. The grasses turned to ash. The flowers died. The Sun hid and the Moon was not visible.

The biggest fear hit Eddy like a bus. Now, Brett noticed Eddy's off behavior. "Bro, what's wrong? Aren't you happy?" he asked.

'Aren't you happy, Eddy?' Eddy asked himself. 'Aren't you? He did it, he will live his dream. He will become a world class soloist. Aren't you happy?'

A tear-drop fell down on his cheeks, as he stared at Brett with admiration. Amongst those cloudy eyes there was something else too: fear. Eddy's lips curled up into a smile, "So happy." he replied in a whisper. Brett did not buy it, "Why are you crying?" Eddy's smiled turned bigger, only to look more sad. "You'll go," his voice cracked. "No? Not at all. You'll come with me next year." Brett replied fully confident. Eddy's smile faded as he shook his head, "Why? You will, you have to." Brett replied as he hugged Eddy. Eddy clutched onto Brett as if it were to be last time he'll see him. The tears came out refusing to stop. Brett's shirt was wet from Eddy's tears. He was extremely confused so as to whether the tears where happy-tears or sad ones. And that's when the second bomb dropped.

"My parents have forced me to drop music."

The trees collapsed, the birds flew away. The petals of the flowers set aflame. The buildings came crashing down.

Both their worlds were dilapidated.