i forgot that you existed.

17.

How many days did I spend thinking 'bout how you did me wrong?

Lived in the shade you were throwing

'Till all of my sunshine was gone

And I couldn't get away from ya,

In my feelings more than Drake, so yeah

Your name in my lips, tongue-tied

Rent free living in my mind

But then something happened one magical night

I forgot that you existed

And I thought that it would kill me but it didn't

And it was so nice

So peaceful and quiet

I forgot that you existed

Eddy never meant to be mean to Brett. But circumstances made him be so. Eddy too, had an ego. Just like Brett. If there was someone worried, that was Mary. Soo-Lin and Rob were just existing, at the back of the car. "Dude, calm down." Mary said, carefully putting a hand on Eddy's shoulder. She was the one driving since the other three were not in the state to even talk properly. Soo-Lin and Rob were just shocked to see the face that belonged to the name, or was it the other way around? Name that belonge- whatever. Eddy reluctantly eased under the soft, warm palm of his girlfriend. "Breathe in," She said, eyes locked on the street ahead. "All of you!" She suddenly spoke louder. She heard angry grunts from the back. "Breath in, I said. Calmly." Three sharp breathes were heard. "Out. Through the mouth." Then three bouts of cough. These babies were very bad at meditation. "Oh my god. You can't even do this? How you become doctor?!" She screeched, mocking Eddy's female-voice. Thankfully it was not name 'Edwina'. Instead they called it tiger-mom.

Well that calmed everyone down. And all the three immediately started laughing. "Dude, but seriously you shouldn't have been that harsh, babe." Mary said, slowing down since they had reached Mary's apartment building. Eddy scoffed, "Yeah whatever. I don't care." Meaning every syllable of it. Soo-Lin spoke up, "You told us a lot, but exactly what changed in you?" quickly tapping Eddy's shoulder. "You never told us that." She continued. Eddy and the gang got out of the car. Eddy answered, "I don't know, I remember sitting alone in my apartment. A total crying mess, whimpering ever so softly. I just missed him too much. But," he paused, looking down at his feet. Mary slowly stroked the palm of his hand, wordlessly telling him that they were there. They were there to listen. They were there to help. "But, he never called. Never messaged. No one from my school talked again to me. But they did with him." Rob asked, "How'd you know that?" In a soft voice, which was very rare to listen to.

They had reached Mary's flat. Mary unlocked the door and the group entered. "Instagram. Comments. Replies." Eddy sighed. "Never on mine, but on his. Even common friends gave him more attention." Eddy looked down at his feet and smiled.

He was wearing the socks from that night. The same one on which his teardrops fell. The one from that night whe-

"It was like he was the star. It was like my identity never existed. As if I was just another friend. As if I lived off of him." Eddy slowly slid down the couch. "It was never Eddy's bestfriend Brett, but Brett's best friend Eddy." He splayed out and started spreading himself as if he was butter. Soo-Lin sat on a chair close by. Mary took her rightfully earned place on Eddy's left thigh. Rob was sitting on the floor in front of Eddy. Looking into the eyes, and telling him "I'm there for you no matter what." without actually saying anything. "I was always the one in the shadows. I don't know where we changed. Where we broke. It just seemed like one day everything fell apart. Like a necklace of pearls just broke and everything shattered." Mary lovingly stroked Eddy's shoulder. Calming the tensed muscles.