something just like this.

1.

She said, where'd you wanna go?

How much you wanna risk?

I'm not looking for somebody

With some superhuman gifts,

Some superhero

Some fairytale bliss

Just something I can turn to,

Somebody I can miss

I want something just like this,

--

Eddy is happy today. Brett is finally joining the same violin teacher's lessons today. After a long discussion and a tiny bit of argument which Brett had with his parents, they finally agreed to change his teacher.

When Brett's mother dropped him off, both the teenagers were smiling and happier than ever. They finally had more time to spend together, even they spent almost all of their time together. Eddy was already jumping up and down in his place with a violin case in his hands and when Brett came closer the first thing he got was the world's biggest bear hug. "Dude I'm so excited. Hope Madam Lindsey is as good as my previous teacher. Can't become worse at the violin, right?" Brett spoke up when he was finally able to breathe. Eddy nodded, "Yeah she is very good and teaches nicely. She helped me a lot with my fifths and actually didn't scold me for not practicing for two days." Brett's eyes popped out "Whoa, really?"

When classes got over, Brett waited for his mother to return. His car had some servicing to be done and he had to go home with his mother. Brett's mother, the angel, invited Eddy to come over for a sleepover. It was a Saturday and Eddy's mother had agreed because the studious young adult had completed all of his homework. So now Eddy and Brett both, were waiting for Brett's mother to arrive. Brett's mother soon arrived and took the two boys home.

"Dude, which game do you wanna play?" Brett asked Eddy, who was currently chugging a whole bottle of water. Downing the last drop, he said "I don't know, you choose." "Dude after five minutes of me standing and you drinking, you say you don't know?" Brett furrowed his eyebrows, scowling playfully. Eddy couldn't help but laugh, "Okay okay, Bretty. Let's play this, yeah?" Eddy took out a game from a little pile in front of Brett and showed it to Brett. Brett reluctantly agreed and they spent the evening playing games and speaking about everything under the sky.

Eddy was always amazed how Brett could read him like sheet music. He didn't even yawn or look a tiny bit tired, atleast he thought so, but when Brett took a look at his face he swiftly took out the remote from Eddy's hand and spoke up, "Yo, you look sleepy. Go get some sleep." Eddy was too shocked to respond, he was trying to hide his tiredness to spend some time with Brett and play a few more games but Brett just took one second to bust him. He nodded and went to his designated place; where he would nap during sleepovers. "Dude, you? You are something else. I was trying so hard not to look tired." Eddy mumbled, "Yeah and that gave it away." Brett simply responded."Sleep now, will you?"

Eddy slept soundly, so did Brett. But something always nudged him, asleep or not. Eddy knew Brett was the most perfect friend anyone could ever have and he was always scared of losing him. He always felt he was on the edge of a mountain cliff, one wrong move; everything's gone. He always feared the time, when they would have to separate. Grow old? Become sick? Grow apart? Die? Eddy always asked himself what he would do without Brett and it seemed impossible. Eddy always feared losing Brett but mostly losing him to someone. Maybe you could call it jealousy, or over-protectiveness, but Eddy named it 'lack of self-sufficiency'. He was never capable of doing anything solely by himself. He always needed someone. And that someone was: Brett Yang. What would he do without him? What could he do without him? What should he do without him?

Will there ever be 'without him'?