I don't care.

PROLOGUE

All the bad things disappeared,

And you're making me feel like maybe I am somebody

I can deal with the bad nights,

When I'm with my baby, yeah

'Cause I don't care, as long as you just hold me near,

You can take me anywhere

And you're making me feel like I'm loved by somebody

I can deal with the bad nights,

--

"Hey Brett," Eddy called, smiling ear to ear. "Guess what?", he added. "What mate?" Brett replied, not knowing what mischief the younger is up to. "Here, take this." Eddy handed a beautifully wrapped cuboidal box to Brett. "And what's this?" Brett asked, confusion palpable in his eyes. "Open and find out!" Eddy said in sing-song voice and ran away, hiding behind the washroom door, giggling like a little girl. Maybe he was one, Edwina as Brett named that character of Eddy's.

"Dude, what?" Brett spoke up and walked over to the bathroom door and started knocking. "What is this?" Brett started knocking louder, one hand holding a carved rose. Eddy came out sheepishly, "It's a gift." he simply stated, "Happy Birthday." Brett smiled and hugged him, "Thanks!" he squealed. He looked down at his left hand, a rose. The stem had the words carved; best friends forever. "It's a token, to make you remember that I am your only best friend." Eddy stated boldly, chest heaved up in the air. "Yes, you are and you will. You're the only one who understands me. You're the best! So, best friends for forever and ever. Promise?" Brett pointed his pinky towards Eddy.

"Promise."