amnesia.

11.

the pictures that you sent me, they're still living in my phone,

I admit I like to see them, I'll admit I feel alone

and all my friends keep asking why I'm not around

yeah it hurts to know you're happy, yeah it hurts that you've moved on

it's hard to hear your name when I haven't seen you in so long

it's like we never happened was it just a lie?

if what we had was real how could you be fine?

'cause I'm not fine at all

I remember the day you told me you were leaving

I remember the tears that were running down my face

and the dreams you left behind, you didn't need them

like every single wish we ever made

I wish that I could wake up with amnesia

and forget about the stupid little things

like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you

and the memories that I can never escape

if today I woke up with you right beside me

like all of this was some twisted dream

I'll hold you closer than I ever did before,

and you'd never slip away

and you'll never hear me say

I remember the day you told me you were leaving

--

"Hey dude, How's life? Call back when you can okay?" Eddy's day started with this voice message he sent to Brett. Brett's calls turned even less infrequent after this new character was introduced, Clari. Brett did tell him about her the next day that that happened. "Oh, yeah Clari? Yeah she is a girl from the orchestra. Pretty nice and not annoying like the ones from Brissy." he added with a short laugh. Going from Eddy's silence, he understood what the other was thinking and he added with a low voice, "Yes, I like her." Now it was Eddy's turn to chuckle. "Congrats seems like you made a nice fool out of yourself, did she still agree to talk?" Brett replied, "Bro, I actually saw this drink which for some god-sake reason had mushrooms in it. I do not know why, but I made a face and the other dude dared me to try it and you know what happened after that." Now Eddy fully fell into laughing fit which included a couple gags because he himself didn't like mushrooms. "Stop laughing, that thing should be illegal!" Eddy let out a breathy, "I know."

But after that call, two weeks passed and Eddy received two phone calls and just 5 texts. Needless to say, he was disappointed. But still kind of happy because he knew Brett was studying hard, along with partying. But Brett was that kind of person who could go to sleep at three but still wake up at 9 sharp and do all of his work amazingly well. In other words, which Eddy hated saying, Brett was a perfect workaholic.

Eddy still had two weeks left until he started his college. His exams were next week but he knew that he would scores straight A's in most of them. Most.

When Eddy's mark sheet came, everyone let me repeat, EVERYONE, except Eddy was shocked.

Science: overall A+ [Biology- 100, Physics- 100, Chemistry- 100]

Mathematics: overall A+ [Arithmetics- 100, Geometry- 100, Maths- 100]

Social Science: overall A [Geography- 89, History- 100, Politics- 85.5, Economics- 97]

Languages: overall A+ [English- 99, Mandarin (second language addition)- 97]

Co-curricular activities: overall C- [Music- 40, P.E.- 78]

Eddy scored a D- in music. He practically failed music. If it weren't for sports he would have failed co-curricular. The teachers knew this was going to happen but it actually happening was still enough of a shock. Eddy's intonation went haywire and his bow literally made a screech when it touched the strings. Needless to say his mind never focused on what he was playing and his inner metronome was broken. Eddy had lost all interest in music and especially, what mattered the most; the love. The love for music. He did not love music anymore.

When people say drastic change, whom do you think of first? Don't care about whom you might think, but for Eddy's whole school, it was Edward Chen himself. How was a person who was a complete prodigy, who knew what the other person would perform only from the first note he played, who knew every classical piece by heart, become like this? There is a reason why people say nothing is impossible. Really, nothing is impossible. If people thought Eddy playing like a beginner was horrible enough then maybe they are not ready to know that Eddy stopped playing the violin all together.

Ever since his exam, he stopped touching his violin. It lay there in his cupboard without any purpose in life, the case catching and collecting dust. Eddy was going to his college tomorrow. He even got a scholarship because of his extraordinary performance in the finals. Eddy wanted to become a professor in the future now. Teaching was the thing that seemed legible enough. Doctor was out of question. He felt uneasy looking at a drop of blood, becoming a person dealing with that stuff was a huge no-no. He decided becoming a professor was the best for him since he did like putting some knowledge into young brains. He wished he could put some stuff related to music but his own brain had blocked out everything related to it.

And he really hope that he would forget everything, too. For his own good. He had his own reasons. And he did succeed at forgetting almost everything. He put every piece of information, memory and tit-bit related to music in a huge cardboard box, duct-taped it shut and kicked it into the deepest pit of his brain hoping nothing would ever spill out and slammed the door shut. Well, he did put everything thing. Everything but, one.

And that was a mistake.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

AUTHOR'S NOTE- THE LYRIC HAS BEEN CHANGED A BIT TO CREATE MORE MEANING and be more fitting.. don't kill me. *Muah*