2.The Horrible Truth

Jade's POV
________
"So, how has your first day gone so far?" My friend Eddie asked with his mouth full of potato chips.

I gave him a look of disgust before answering truthfully. "Horrible Ed, how about you?"

"Ugh same," Eddie slams his potato chip bag on to the lunch table. "Every corner that I seem to turn, Katherine just so happens to be there too!"

Katherine is Eddie's now ex-girlfriend. He considered her just a summer fling but that's not how she saw him.

"Well, that's what you get for breaking up with her through a lousy text message. I mean, I've taught you better then that..." I frown at the coward that I call my best friend.

"Yeah, yeah Einstein, I get it. I'm already feeling like a piece of shit about the whole thing and just because you're an expert on these things, there's no need for you to make me feel any worse." I rolled my eyes at how ignorant he's acting.

"Anyway, why so glum, chum?" Eddie finally hit me with the question I've been trying to avoid. It's bad enough I have to listen to his relationship drama 24/7. But at least it drives the attention away from my pathetic problems.

"Just an accident that happened this morning..." I trailed off trying not to make it seem like a big deal, which it's not.

"Oh my gosh," Eddie gasps in a girlish manor, with his hand covering his mouth and everything. "Did you have a little leak through those white pants of yours?"

"What, no!" I shout and looked down but remembered that's not at all the case here. My friend cackled on his own, causing me to slump in my seat and crossing my arms together, waiting for him to stop being so childish and take my matter seriously for one minute.

"Ok, ok, sorry about that." He wiped his eyes which were tearing up a bit from laughing quite hard and went back to reality. "What's really the accident?"

I pursed my lips, now ready to talk and leaned up in my chair. "Some kid ran in to me this morning and brushed it off as if he didn't see me."

Eddie's eyebrows scrunched together as if he wasn't getting the whole thing entirely. To him it wasn't as big of a deal as I'm making it out to be but, I don't know why it's been bothering me so much through out the course of the day.

A long huff came out from his mouth. "Oh, I'm sure it wasn't anything personal. And for starters J, you shouldn't take things to heart like you normally do."

He's right. My feelings do have the tendency to easily get bruised even by the slightest bit of nothing. My mum once told me that it's because I have a big heart. Whatever that means.

"Yeah, and plus he did have his back to me before turning around and hitting his head right in to mine." I said, while helping myself to a potato chip from Eddie's lunch.

Before I could even put it in my mouth he spoke again. "Was he your type by any chance?" The wiggle of his eyebrows threw me off from his absurd question.

"What! No," I then remembered the guy's features. He had dark, black hair like mine but tugged away in a beanie. Those eyes that I stared in to were inviting and almost welcoming. Not to mention that perfectly crafted jaw line that surely could cut flesh and-

"Jade!" Eddie raised his voice for only I could hear and I was out of a trance.

"He was asian looking..." I shrugged and placed the potato chip in my mouth, dismissing the rest of the uncomfortable question like nothing.

"O-K," Eddie shot me a weird glance, as if he knows I'm hiding more details on that kid. That's definitely the best friend instinct.

It was quiet for a good minute as both my friend and I paid our attention to other things in the cafeteria. Suddenly, something or someone hit the back of my chair and I turn myself around to see what it was. I would call it a "who" instead of a "what" but right when I saw the blonde with invisible horns on the top of her head, it was clear to me that it wasn't human.

"Sorry, I didn't see you there." Molly apologized with a fake and obnoxious tone. That only made me want to jump out of my seat and pull that perfect, little head of her's to shreds. And I would be lying if I said I haven't imagined that scenario before.

"Yeah, yeah..." I shot her an icy glare before turning my chair back around and facing a pretty disturbed looking Eddie.

"Who would ever believe that you were once best friend's with a complete bitch-" I groaned and stopped him before he could finish the horrible truth being exposed in his sentence.

"I can't even believe it myself..." I mumbled.

Eddie clasped my hand that was on the top of the table and we stayed like that. "You got me now kid."