Chapter 51: Sokka's Master

Havi's pov

I gaze up at the beautiful night sky, "Wow, this is amazing." Through the dark, shooting stars whizzed across our view.

"Kinda makes you realize how insignificant we are," Sokka adds.

Toph shrugs, "eh, you've seen nothing once, you've seen it 1000 times."

I close my eyes and take a deep breath to soak in the atmosphere. With everything going on, we never know when our next relaxing day will be and because of that, I try to slow down and live in the moment at times like these.

"Oh, man," Sokka starts and the rest of my friends gasp. My eyes roll as I prepare for what comes next.. work.. "You've never not seen anything like this."

The biggest star— no, meteor— we've seen tonight begins to fly closer and closer at an insane speed. A long trail of blue fire follows it and eventually causes an explosion as it hits the ground about a mile away. Even from where we stood, we could see the imprinted crater bursting into flames.

Our eyes catch each other's and we instantaneously know what to do.

Within seconds, we're flying over to the wreckage on Appa.

"The Fire is gonna destroy that town," Katara warns as we near it.

Aang refuses, "Not if we can stop it."

"There's a creek over here, I'll bend the water onto the fire."

"Toph, let's make a trench to keep the fire from coming any closer."

The three benders get to work as Sokka and I stand awkwardly, "What should I do?" He complained and I elbowed him in the side, "we- we do?"

"Keep an eye out for Momo," The airbender says and runs off.

"So what, we're just the lemur-sitters?" Sokka pets Momo's head, "There, there. Feel better?"

"It's fine," I wave him off, "Just let them handle it. We'd probably do more damage than help."

Aang and Toph work together to create a large gap in the ground around the fire. A few ashes and flames blow back at us; Sokka is quick to try and stomp them out.

Over the clouds, you could see Katara flying in with a giant water bubble. When in close enough range, she sprays it over the fire, creating more smoke to billow up.

We decide to just take a seat and watch as Toph bends large walls of rock to smash out the flames.

"Sokka, Havi, stand clear," Aang orders while waterbending.

"Right, stand clear. Got it," He grabs both me and the lemur and sluggishly pulls us away. Always the drama Queen...

Suddenly, a large, wet, gust of wind knocks us off balance as the fire explodes into a bunch of snowflakes. "Good work, everybody," the benders celebrate.

I give a little clap then look to the side to see Sokka covered completely in snow. I point and laugh as he gives me his signature stare.

• • •

Once daytime rolled around again, we headed into the town for some food. In a short few minutes, we find a restaurant, buy a meal, and sit down.

While settling in, Aang points out, "These people have no idea how close they were to getting toasted last night."

"Yeah," Toph nods, "The worst thing about being in disguise is we don't get the hero worship anymore. I miss the love."

"Boo-hoo, poor heroes," Sokka grumps from a spot away from us.