Chapter 25: The Cave of Two Lovers

Sooo this one hurts only a teeny tiny bit (:

Havi's pov

As we try to act on Sokka's plan, it seems we've been going in literal circles. Katara reads my mind, "Sokka, this is the tenth dead end you've led us to."

"This doesn't make any sense, we already came through this way."

Chong speaks up, "We don't need a map. We just need love. The little guy knows it."

"Yeah, but I wouldn't mind a map also," Aang tells him and I nod along.

"There's something strange here," Sokka paces, "There's only one explanation. The tunnels are changing."

A large rumble shakes the whole cave, cutting off anyone who planned on replying. Chong panics, "The tunnels, they're a-changing. It must be the curse. I knew we shouldn't have come down here!"

"Right!" I snap. I'm overly tired of being in life or death positions ALL THE DAMN TIME, "If only we'd listened to you."

"Everyone be quiet," Katara hushed us, "Listen."

I huff but do as she says. Garbled noises slowly got louder and louder until finally a large wolf bat flies straight at us.

Chong panics, "It's giant flying thing with teeth!"

"No! It's a wolf bat!" Moku shouts.

Sokka tries to attack the beast by throwing the torch in his hands but it goes flying into Appa's leg accidentally. Appa runs in fear into a wall. The rock shell of the cave begins to crumble around us, even above, sending jagged stones for our heads. Aang airbends us out of the way before running into Katara, saving her as well. Dust flies up, blocking my sight and choking me. When all the noise seems to settle, I look around and find Sokka rabidly scraping at the rock separation between us and Appa, Katara, and Aang.

"Sokka, Stop. It's no use," I tell him lamely, "We're separated."

Chong smiles, "At least you have us."

Sokka yells out in frustration as I pull him along, so we can start walking, "Come on, get up. Maybe we'll find some animal or something to get us out of here."

The nomads start singing, "Don't let the cave-in get you down. Don't let the falling rocks turn your smile into a frown. When the tunnels as darkest that's when you need a clown. Don't let the cave-in get you down, Sokka."

Eventually, we were led to another  block in our path. Moku points out, "Your plans had led us to another dead end."

Sokka huffs, "At least I'm thinking of ideas and trying to get us out of here, Moku."

"Whoa, whoa. Wait a minute. We're thinking of ideas?" Chong asked, "cause I've had an idea for like an hour now."

"Yes!" The water tribe boy yells, "We're all thinking of ideas!"

"Well, then listen to this. If love is the key out of here then all we need to do is play a love song." Sokka facepalms again. Is someone counting?

We start to walk again and I was prepared to zone off but someone made me stop behind the group. I slow my steps and turn to him, "What is it, Sokka? We're gonna get lost from them."

"Does that really sound so bad?" I glare at him, "Okay, sorry. It's just that, we haven't had a moment alone in a while and I wanted to take this opportunity to talk to you."

"I'm not sure this is the time to have this conversation. We're kind of trapped in a cursed cave if you didn't remember," I try to keep walking but this boy is too damn determined.