Chapter 1: Imprisoned

Hey! First chapter HERE WE GO! I hope you like it :))

Havi's POV

I was sorting things out at the store as usual when I saw Haru sneaking out again. He's done this a lot and I'm no snitch so I never said anything but curiosity gets the best of us, right?

"Hey!" I say sternly as he tries to walk out the door, "where are you going? And don't act like you aren't doing anything 'cause I've been covering for you all week without even knowing what I'm covering up. So what's up?"

He sighs and closes the door before turning to me, "I'm not doing anything wrong. Do I have to stay at the store all day?"

"No, you don't, but it seems a little suspicious when you only try to leave after mom's gone out for food." I cross my arms in front of my chest.

"Well it's nothing, just go back to sorting stuff and I'll be home before dinner." Before I could get another word in he ran out the door to do whatever he's hiding.

If I find out that boy is breaking some rules I'm gonna smack him all the way to ba sing se. You see, I don't mean to be overbearing of my brother, I just want him to be safe. After my father was taken, things at home changed drastically. For one, my mom was never the same. I know she puts on a strong face for us cause she has to, she's our protector in some way, but I see right through it. She's heartbroken and I get it, I felt unbelievable pain after dad was captured too, but instead of it tearing me down I used it as fuel to keep me going. Use it as a reason to protect my brother and mother as best as I can. I won't let them take anymore of my family.

After a few minutes my mom joins me again at the family shop. "Did your brother tell you where he's off to again?"

Hmm, be a nice sister and give another excuse or be slightly bitchy but get the answers I deserve? What a hard choice, "I have no idea, I haven't seen him all day"

Just kidding.

Mom's face shows slight concern and she hums before continuing her work. Let's see how little brother gets out of this one. "Hey mom, I'll be right back. I'm gonna grab another stick" my mom only nods in return so I head outside to grab a thick twig. Life can get pretty boring after the same routine every day so I've been entertaining myself by crafting these things I call spinners. They're little toys that are thick on one end and pointy on the other and when you twist it on the ground they spin by themselves!

I walk around behind some buildings and quickly find what I sought out for. I take out the knife that I keep in my shoe and begin carving the wood into my little invention. Once it's up to my personal par I head back inside to sit on the ground and waste time spinning. That's something else about me. I'm so easily entertained. I'll laugh at just about anything, cry at anything, and I'm just overall very animated in a sense. Some say it's obnoxious but I think I wear my heart on my sleeve and I don't think that's a bad thing.

My attention was taken from my spinner when the door opens and reveals Haru once again and he says, "hi, mom."

"Where have you been, Haru" she snaps, "you're late." I stand up and smirk to myself, this should be good. "Get started on your chores." Really? That's it? But my attention turned to the door once again when a girl in blue clothing enters.

"Hey, you're that kid" she says causing Haru to gasp. So this is where the drama starts. "Why did you run away before?"

"Uh.. you must have me confused with some other kid." Just then, in comes two more boys, one with yellow clothes and the other in an outfit similar to the girl.