Chapter 12: The Fortune Teller

Okay buckle up cause this is a good one for the lil cuties ;)))

Havi's pov

Shortly later, we finally left aunt Wu's building and Sokka tell us, "well, now you got to see for yourselves that fortune telling is just a stupid hoax."

I bump shoulders with him, "you're just saying that because you're gonna make yourself unhappy your whole life."

"That woman is crazy! My life will be calm and happy and joyful!" He kicked a rock from the ground, where it then hit a sign and flew back to his head, "ow!" He falls down, "that doesn't prove anything."

"Well I liked my predictions," Katara bragged, "certain things are gonna turn out very well."

"They sure are," Aang gushed with a lovesick face.

"Here," I give out a hand to help up Sokka, "you've got to stop setting yourself up like that."

He takes it and I drag him to the crowd Katara and Aang ran off to. "what's with the sky?" Sokka asked.

Some random man answered, "We're waiting for aunt Wu to come and read the clouds to predict the fate of the whole village."

"That cloud kind of looks like a fluffy bunny." Aang points to the sky.

"You better hope that's not a bunny. A fluffy bunny cloud forecasts doom and destruction." I scowl at the stupidity of that statement but keep my mouth shut.

Sokka walks to the man and pulls me with him since we were still joined by the hands, "do you even hear yourself?"

Another person speaks, "the cloud reading will tell us if mount makapu will remain dormant for another year or if it will erupt."

"We used to have a tradition once a year of going up the mountain to check the volcano ourselves but ever since aunt Wu moved to the village 20 years ago, we have a tradition of not doing that."

"I can't believe you would trust your lives to a crazy old woman's superstition."

I shush sokka, "She's coming."

The crowd makes a walkway for her to get to the front. When she reaches her destination, everyone claps and cheers, including myself. When I put my hands back at my sides, I heard a huff and then felt Sokka interlock our hands again. Aunt Wu bowed and began her her reading, "bending arrow cloud, good crops this year. Nice, big harvest."

"Darn good news!" Some farmers hugged.

"Wavy, moon shaped cloud. Let's see," She flipped pages in her book, "gonna be a great year for twins."

Two little boys high-fived, "yes!"

"And a cumulus cloud with a twisty nub coming off the end of it, the village will not be destroyed by the volcano this year!" Which caused an uproar of villager cheering.

With the ceremony finally ending, Katara ran off with aunt Wu. Aang and I followed Sokka around while he harassed different civilians to prove to everyone that aunt Wu was a faker. Obviously, it didn't work and he only ended up getting hurt again.

After some dirty, old man ignored us like every other person, Aang said, "So, Sokka, you know some stuff about ladies right?"

"Some stuff," he threw an arm over Aang's shoulder with a laugh, "you've come to the right place. What can I do you for?"

"Well, theres this girl," Aang starts. It's Katara, has to be Katara.

"I think I know who you mean."