Chapter 48: The Headband

The picture is generally her outfit but not so royal, ya get? No pointy toes/shoulders. No crown either lol

Havi's pov

After finding Aang we had decided to start looking for a place to hideout until we knew what to do or where to go. While flying on Appa we hid in a fake cloud to remain unseen. "I think I see a cave below," Aang announces.

Sokka shushes him, "Keep quiet." As we land, Aang bends the cloud away and Sokka rushes to hide behind a rock, "Great job with the cloud camo but next time let's disguise ourselves as the kind of cloud who knows how to keep its mouth shut."

"Yeah, wouldn't want a bird to hear us chatting up there and turn us in," Toph replies.

"Hey, we're in enemy territory. Those are enemy birds," he says as one of those 'enemy birds' lands on his head and squawks. I laugh and pull him along. We continue on until we end up in the cave Aang saw, "Well, this is it. This is how we'll be living until the invasion begins. Hiding in cave after cave... after cave... after cave."

I shake my head, "Sokka, we don't need to become cave people. What we need is some new clothes."

Aang agrees, "yeah, blending in is better than hiding out. If we get fire nation disguises, we'll be just as safe as we would be hiding in a cave."

"Plus, they have real food out there. Does anyone want to sit in the dirt and eat cave-hoppers?" Toph slams the wall with her fist and a ton of bugs come hopping out. Momo is quick to grab a few and eat them happily.

"Looks like we got outvoted, sport," Sokka grumbles to the lemur, "let's get some new clothes."

As we sneak up behind a house with clothes hanging on a line Aang starts getting second thoughts, "I don't know about this. These clothes belong to somebody..."

"I call the silk robe!" Katara cuts in and runs off making me grin.

"Not if I can get it first!" I run down the rows after her but end up finding a different outfit I liked a lot more. It was a short dress, or a long shirt, that was deep red with golden accents and a belt. Underneath I wore black pants and knee high, red boots. The outfit was quite flattering, if I do say so myself, and showed off my curves nicely. After changing, I walk back over to my friends and boyfriend, "So, Sokka, what do you think?"

He turns at the sound of my voice but then flinches back a bit with a smirk. Eyeing me up and down he replies, "I think we should move to the fire nation if you'll dress like this here." I shake my head and roll my eyes playfully as Sokka gives me a quick peck on the lips.

Aang ties a headband over his arrow, "ta-dah! Normal kid."

"Hmm, I should probably wear shoes but then I won't be able to see as well," Toph sits down and pushes out the sole, "Sorry, shoes. Finally, a stylish shoe for the blind earthbender."

"How do I look?" Katara steps out in a red belly shirt and a long skirt. She looks fantastic and by the blush on Aang's cheeks I can tell he thinks so too.

"Uh, your mom's necklace," He wearily tells her.

"Oh.. oh, yeah. I guess it's pretty obviously water tribe, isn't it?" She takes it off as we head to a shop to get her a new one.

I considered buying some jewelry, like a necklace, as well but my outfit had a bit of a turtleneck top so I didn't have any need for one. Toph got a new head band and Sokka got something to hold his top knot in place. I'm really, really, enjoying the new hairstyle.

"I used to visit my friend Kuzon here 100 years ago," Aang explains, "so everyone just follow my lead and stay cool, or as they say in the fire nation, stay flamin'." We follow him through the city and as we walk passed a man eating, Aang uses his fancy fire nation slang, "greetings, my good hotman."