Chapter 24: The Cave of Two Lovers

During this chapter I realized there were two ways to spell woah/whoa. Which do you use?

Havi's pov

My friends and I were taking a break from traveling at a large pond we found. Katara and Aang were training their waterbending and Sokka was floating on a leaf in the water, half naked I may add.

Personally, I was very relieved with this stop because I needed to move around a bit. Sitting in Appa's saddle all day not only gives me a sore back but also leads to more thinking which leads to long, long, nights. My dreams aren't as bad as they have been anymore. At least that, right? You have to look on the bright side, I guess.

"You guys are gonna be done soon, right?" Sokka asks, "We've got a lot of ground to cover if we wanna make it to Omashu today."

Katara turns to him sassily, "What, like you're ready to go right now, naked guy?"

"I could be ready in two minutes," he swiped the damp hair from his face, "seriously, whenever."

Katara ignores him and continues on with Aang. He reminds her, "So, you were showing me the octopus form."

"Right! Let me see your stance," Aang gets into position but Katara was clearly not pleased. She goes up behind him, wrapping her arms around his, to fix it but ends up getting a bit too close, "Your arms are too far apart. See, if you move them closer together, you protect your center. You got it?"

"Oh, yeah," Aang blushes and I smirk, oblivion must run in the family, "Thanks."

"Okay, let's see what you got." Aang takes a small amount of water but creates it into a much larger form with eight tentacles. As Katara throws icicles towards him, Aang easily fights them off before grabbing her ankle with the water. Watching them do cool stuff like this, during fights or just sparring, always makes me jealous I didn't get any bending. I mean, seriously, life would be so much easier if I could just chuck a rock a someone when they bothered me. That would've definitely been useful growing up with a brother like Haru.

Katara and Aang bow to each other just as music began playing in the distance. It got louder as a small group of people got closer. "Don't fall in love with a traveling girl. She'll leave you broke and brokenhearted," A man was singing loud and proud until the moment we were spotted, "Hey, hey! River people."

I look at them strangely and mutter, "We're not river people."

"You're not?" The same tall man asks, "Well, then, what kind of people are you?"

Aang shrugs, "Just people."

"Aren't we all, brother?" He agrees with his zoned out voice.

The still half nude Sokka points an accusatory finger, "Who are you?" I know I shouldn't get myself worked up about him again so soon but I can't help blushing after seeing his entire, well, everything.

"I'm Chong, and this is my wife Lily," Chong introduces, "We're nomads. Happy to go wherever the wind takes us."

"You guys are nomads? That's great, I'm a nomad!" Aang excitedly announced.

"Hey, me too." I give Chong another strange glare.

The airbender sends him the same look, "I know, you just said that."

"Oh.." he trails off, "Nice underwear." I stifle a laugh as he points at Sokka who quickly shields himself with momo before backing away.

• • •

We all started to relax together by Appa and to be honest, these guys were pretty okay to be around. They were definitely on something but I think that makes them more fun. I sat in front of Katara, and Katara sat in front of Lily for a braiding train. I fidget and pick at the cuticle on my thumbs while my hair is being done.