Chapter 5: The Waterbending Scroll

Havi's pov

We were flying on Appa, as usual, except this time sokka was at the reins and Aang was busy pacing. "Would you sit down, if we hit a bump you'll go flying off!" Sokka points out.

Being a little more empathetic I ask the airbender, "what's got you so stressed?"

"It's what avatar Roku said," he explained, "I'm supposed to master all four elements before that comet arrives."

"Well let's see, you pretty much mastered airbending and that only took you 112 years. I'm sure you can master three more elements by next summer."

"Sokka!" I snap at him.

It was too late though, Aang already began panicking, "I haven't even started waterbending and were still weeks away from the North Pole. What am I gonna do?"

"Calm down," Katara grabs his wrist, "It's gonna be okay. If you want, I can try and teach you some of the stuff I know."

"You'd do that?" Katara nods.

"We'll need to find a some water first," I tell them.

Sokka huffs, "Maybe we can find a puddle for you to splash in"

• • •

Eventually we arrived at a beautiful waterfall in the forest, "nice puddle" Sokka says with droopy eyes. Appa makes a splash, landing in the lake, or pond maybe, causing water to half drown Momo.

"Yeah!" Aang strips down to his underwear, "don't start without me, boy!"

Before he could get in the water Katara stops him, "remember the reason we're here."

"Oh, right. Time to practice waterbending," he quickly pulls back on his clothes.

"Great, so what are we supposed to do?" Sokka gestures to us two non-benders.

"You could clean the gunk out of Appa's toes." Aang hands sokka a stick from the ground.

"So, while you guys are playing in the water, we're supposed to be hard at work picking mud out of a giant bison's feet?" He crosses his arms.

"Mud and bugs."

Sokka sighs and grabs the stick, "okay." I lay back on Appa's stomach while Sokka scrubs him clean, "hey, aren't you supposed to be helping me?"

"Maybe," I smile with my eyes closed while feeling the sun on my face, "but the real question is will I?"

"Okay." Sokka pauses before speaking again, "will you?"

"Definitely not," I open my eyes and catch Sokka staring at me but he quickly turns and continues cleaning the dirty bison.

"Aang!" Sokka yells and I open my eyes to see a giant wave crash over us. I was able to stay on the bison but sokka was washed away. I look over to find him peak his head out the water with an agitated look on his face. I could help but point and laugh.

"Looks like I got the hang of that move. What else you got?" Aang asks.

"Thats enough practicing for today."

"Yeah, I'll say!" Sokka yells form the water, "you just practiced our supplies down the river."

"Uh, sorry. I'm sure we can find some way to replace all this stuff," Aang says nervously.

"My life was hard enough when you were just an airbender." I slip into the water and splash sokka in the face, "hey!"

"I don't think Aang is the problem," I splash him again and laugh, "you're just too easy to bother."