Chapter 9: The Great Divide

This chapter is pretty LONG cause I didn't want to waste two chapters on this episode lol. Not worth it.

Havi's pov

Aang and I were off trying to find food. When we came back, the water tribe siblings were arguing, it's what I like to call 'sassy sibling season' because they go through phases of loving each other then suddenly won't leave the other alone, "Well if you don't like my firewood!" Katara threw the sticks in her hands at her brother.

"Fine by me! If you're not gonna do your job," Sokka then retaliates by untying a tent, making it fall undone.

Aang spoke up, "okay, I got the grub if you guys got the- hey, where's the camp fire? And what happened to the tent?"

"They're going through their 'we hate each other' phase," I pat Aang on the back, "this is gonna be a long night."

With their backs turned Sokka says, "why don't you ask miss know it all, queen of the twigs?"

"Oh, yeah?" Katara snaps back, "Well you're mr. lazy bum king of the tents," and she threw another stick at him.

I pinch the bridge of my noise, "Aang, do something please."

He nodded, "okay, listen guys. Harsh words won't solve problems. Action will. Why don't you just switch jobs?"

"Sounds good"

"Whatever"

"See that?" Aang brags, "settling feuds and making peace, all in a days work for the avatar."

"Looks like you got another feud to settle," I motion over to Momo and Appa fighting over a melon. Aang easily fixes their problem by chopping it in two.

• • •

The next morning Aang led us to a huge canyon, "there it is guys, the great divide."

"Wow," Katara marveled at the view, "I could just stare at it forever."

"Okay, I've seen enough," Sokka starts to walk away but I stop him.

"How are you not amazed by this view? It's beautiful!"

He keeps preparing Appa, "I'm sure we'll be able to see it very clearly from the air while we fly away."

Some man ran up behind Sokka knocking him off balance, "hey, if you're looking for the canyon guide, I was here first!"

"Ooh, canyon guide. Sounds informative," katara says to him.

"Believe me, he's more than a tour guide. He's an earthbender and the only way in and out of the canyon is with his help," behind the man, Sokka makes fun of him by pretending his hands were his mouth and I laughed, "and he's taking my tribe across next."

"Calm down," Sokka tells him, "we know you're next."

The guy points a finger at us, "you wouldn't be calm if the fire nation destroyed your home and forced you to flee. My whole tribe has to walk thousands of miles to the capital of ba sing se."

"You're a refugee." No shit, Katara.

"Huh, tell me something I don't know."

A large herd of people come towards us and I ask, "Is that your tribe?"

"It most certainly is not. That's the Zhang tribe, a bunch of lowlife thieves. They've been the enemies of my tribe for a hundred years," he whistles at them, "hey Zhangs! I'm saving a spot for my tribe so don't even think of stealing it!"

"Where are the rest of the Gan Jin?" A burly woman asked, "still tidying up their campsite?"

"Yes, but they sent me ahead of them to hold a spot."