America (Chapter 17)

EFFY’s POV

We finally arrived at America, I inhaled and let it go slowly. I looked around, people were hugging their lovers. Some of them were crying, some of them were sleeping and I see Xavier kissed his daughter’s head while his son, Joel was holding their bags. I looked at Cook, he was holding our bags and he looked very tired. I took my bag from him.

“It’s okay, I can hold it by myself.” I said, smiling at him.

“Hey it’s okay, I’m strong ya know.” He said, flexing his arm and I laughed. I refused to let him hold my bag, he’s pretty much tired and I don’t want to be a burden. I tucked the hair that was in front of my face behind my ear, there was a man holding a sign saying ‘COOK INDUSTRIES’ and Cook immediately went to him. We went to the car, put our bags inside and got in. Joel decided to hold his little sister while his dad was sitting in front. The driver started driving and we were in complete silence. I see Cook furrowing his eyebrows while looking at his phone, I touched his arm and he looked at me. “Are you okay?” I whispered to his ear, he nodded wrapping his arm around my shoulder and kissed my head. I sighed and leaned to his chest, closing my eyes.

After awhile, he woke up and told me we’re here. I got up, yawned and looked at the window. There was a beach, I smiled and got out quickly. I looked at Cook, smiling and hugged him. “This place is beautiful.” I said, he chuckled and let go of me. We went and took our bags, immediately went inside the hotel. Xavier and Cook went to the receptionist while me, Joel and Tauriel sitting on the sofa. Tauriel was still sleeping while Joel was playing with his phone. Finally the brothers came.

“My kids and I will be sleeping in the same room.” Xavier told us.

“Me and Effy will be sleeping in the same room, is that okay with you Eff?” He asked me, I nodded and we went to our room. We got in and I went jumped to the bed. Finally, after hours and hours. I’ll be sleeping in bed, Cook laughed and put our bags beside. He crawled to me and kisses the tip of my nose.

“I just realise how gorgeous your eyes actually.” I said, looking into his eyes while stroking his cheek. I can see him blushing and I chuckled, he is a gorgeous and a handsome man. I wasn’t gonna lie about that.

“You’re good with words, huh?” He said, smirked and kissed me. I kissed him back softly and bit his bottom lip. He smiled, I laughed and rolled my eyes.

“Maybe I am, maybe I’m not.” I replied, he raised his eyebrow and start attacking me by tickling my sides and kisses on my face. I kept on laughing, closing my eyes and asked him to stop.

After a while, he finally stopped tickling and looked her dead in the eye.

“Eff.”

“Hm?”

“You make me happy.”

“You make me feel weird.”

“Define weird, Eff.”

“I don’t know. Sometimes I feel so pissed off when I’m with you, sometimes I feel so happy when you’re around, sometimes I feel so sad and trapped when I’m in your embrace but sometimes I feel so sad but most of all, you make me feel like I’m on top of the world. It’s weird.” I sat up straight, looking at him. Cook was in dead silence and I was nervous, what if he doesn’t feel the same way?

He immediately hugged me, kissing my head and whispered to my ear. “You make me feel the same way but I’m more pissed off with you sometimes.” I laughed and leaned into his chest, we stayed like that for awhile and I just listened to his heartbeat and fell asleep. I know it seems cliché, but he makes me feel like it.

COOK’s POV

I woke up with phone ringing, I groaned and took my phone. It was my brother calling, I pressed answer.

Xavier: ‘Hey James, let’s have dinner. I made a reservation for us, come down in an hour.’

Cook: ‘Okay, thanks. I’ll be down there with Eff in a hour.’

I hung up and woke Effy up, “Hey princess, go get ready. We’ll be having dinner with Xavier and his kids in an hour.” I said, she looked at me and rubbed her yes. She nodded, got up and go get ready. I rubbed my eyes, running my fingers through my hair and yawned. I took my luggage and take my white shirt with black pants. After a while, Effy finally got out from the shower and looked at me signalling I should get in and have a shower. I smiled, get in immediately and showered.

After I showered, I looked myself in the mirror and debate if I should shave my beard or not. After a couple minutes, I decided I should not so I got out and saw Effy in her blue strap on above knee dress with her hair in a bun. I went to her and kissed her shoulder, she smiled at the mirror while looking at me.

“You’re hot.”

“I know.”

We both laughed and I went straight stripped myself, wearing my clothes. I looked at my watch. “Let’s go.” I said, she nodded and wear her flat shoes. We got out and went straight to the restaurant. There was a waiter, “Name?” He asked, “Cook Industries.” I replied, he checked and nodded. He showed us to our table, we thanked him and sat on the chair. I saw Tauriel smiling looking at Effy, I smiled to myself.

“Daddy, Aunt Effy looks so pretty.” Tauriel said, giggling looking at her dad. I see Effy’s cheeks were red and she looked at me, I looked at her and smiled. We started eating, talking about our plans for the next days.

EFFY’s POV

After dinner, I decided to get out and take a look around the beach. I sighed and smiled to myself. This short getaway makes me happy, I mean this place is beautiful and the people I’m around makes me happy. I mean seriously, what’s better than that right?

“Hey.” I heard someone said, I look beside and it was Xavier. I said hi back and smiled. He looked around and sighed.

“I wish my wife was here.”

“What happened to her? If you don’t mind me asking.”

“I don’t mind, she died 2 years ago. It was mainly my fault, we fought and she got mad leaving the house. I guess she drove too fast, that she hit a tree and the car exploded. It just hurt knowing that these kids growing up without their mum beside them, I missed the love of my life. She’s beautiful. Her blonde hair, her blue ocean eyes, her pale beautiful face. I miss everything about her.” He said, wiping her tears and sighed.

“You sure do love her. For what I see, you’re treating the kids perfectly and I’m sure she’s happy seeing that from up there.” I said, patted his shoulder and smiled.

“I love her so much that I’d kill myself for that woman, if she was in deep pain. I wish I could kill it right away but I was too possessive, I was too blind to see that. I couldn’t see myself with anybody but her, she believed in me when nobody did. I bought the empire hotel for her, I kept my money for that for our anniversary but it was too late but the kids, are the only present I have with her and I tend to keep it that way. When you have something that beautiful, don’t let them go away. Appreciate them while they’re still alive, you never know when will be the last time you see them.” Xavier said, looked at me and smiled.

He told me that he should go, we said our good byes and I went straight to me and Cook’s room.

(A/N) - tbh, let me tell you. Xavier's wife, was a beautiful woman. I wish I could draw a picture of her but I'm a bit too lazy but she's actually prettier in my mind. But I hope you like this 'romantic' chapter, I feel like all of you should deserve a romantic moment for awhile it lasts. Thank you for reading,  ily xo