Brothers (Chapter 16)

EFFY’s POV

I woke up, saw Cook lying beside me. I breathed out, got up and walked out from his room. I put my hair into a bun, went to my bathroom and decide to have a quick shower. I got out from my bathroom, wore my panties and bra and heard my door open. I looked who it is and sighed going back to searching my clothes. “Good morning.” Cook wished me and sat at the edge on the bed. “Morning.” I wished back, took my black jeans and blue shirt from my wardrobe. “Where are you going?” He asked me.

“Breakfast.”

“Can I join?”

“Sure.”

He quickly got up and go get ready. I quickly wear my clothes and sat on the chair, look at myself in the mirror. Suddenly tears fell down from my eyes, I don’t know why. It wasn’t because of Cook or either anyone. It just these days, I don’t feel happy as I should. I quickly wiped off my tears, put some concealer and lip butter on my lips. I tied my hair into a high ponytail, wear my black converse and got out. I saw Cook on the phone with someone, maybe it was his clients.

“Alright, I’ll see you Xavier.” He hung up and runs his fingers through his hair. I sighed, took my jacket and got out. He walked out, locked the door and looked at me. “We’ll be having breakfast with my brother, is that okay with you?” He looked at me, I nodded. He grabbed my hands, intertwined fingers with me. We walked to his car and we got in, I looked at Cook and sighing. He looked at me back, clenching her jaw and kisses my head.

“You mean so much to me Eff, I hope you know that.” He said, I smiled and looked out at the window. He starts driving.

He keeps on driving, it was silence ever since. None of us wanted to break the silence, once we reached at a restaurant. We got out and I looked around, “Nice place.” I said, he smiled and snaked his arm around me. We walked to the restaurant and I saw a guy with blue eyes, has a really sharp jawline waving at us. We walked to him and the guy stood up, “Who’s this?” The guy asked, he has a very thick deep british accent. “Her name’s Effy.” Cook introduced me, “Oh, I heard a lot about you. I’m Xavier, James’ brother.” He held out his hand, I shook his hands and us three sat on the chairs. A waitress came and I saw 4 of her buttons were undone, I smirked to myself. Fucking girls these days, Xavier and Cook didn’t even look at her cleavage which is funny cause she even tried to bent down to get their attention. I guess, these brothers wasn’t really that attracted to these kind of girls. “I’ll have pancakes and coffee please.” Xavier told the girl, “Bacon and coffee.” Cook said, “Scrambles eggs with toast and chocolate milkshake, please.” I ordered, she flashed a smiled at us and walked away. “The empire hotel will be mine, soon.” Xavier told Cook, Cook raised his eyebrow and nodded. “Good to hear, will you be still handling Cook industries?” He asked his brother, “Of course.” His brother said, “So, Effy. How long have you known my brother?” Xavier looked at me, “Pretty much for 2 years now.” I said, smiled at him. Xavier was about to say something but Cook excused himself to the washroom. “Both of you doesn’t look the same.” I said, Xavier laughed. “We get that a lot. James looks more a lot like our mother, our mother is American so you can see why he doesn’t really have an accent.” He said and smiled to me. “He always talks about you to me, since he doesn’t really open up to people that much. I mean, if mother was still alive. He’ll be talking 24/7 about you to her but our parents died so there’s nothing we can do about it.” He said, running his fingers through his hair.

“I’m sorry to hear that, but he’s a great guy and you are too.”

“He’s actually a nice person but he builds up a wall from everyone.”

“Why?”

“His past keeps on haunting him, don’t break his heart sweetheart.”

“I won’t, I promise.”

Cook came back and smiled at us. “I got a call from Mr Everson, we’ll be taking a week off.” He said, Xavier raised his eyebrow.

“For what?”

“We’re going to America next week.”

“Is that okay with you, Eff?” Cook asked and the brothers looked at me. I smiled, nodding. “Good, take Joel and Tauriel too.” Cook said, Xavier’s face lit up. “Thank you, James.” He said, the waitress came back and served us our food. We started eating and talk, laughing and literally something I learned from these brothers are they still keep on a smile on their faces even thought life seems too hard them. Their parents died, they left a big company for them and they still can do it with Cook is still in college. He can still handle a big company. Smart men, smart brothers and I’m impressed.

After we finished having breakfast, Xavier looked at his watch. “I gotta go, I need to pick Tauriel up from babysitter’s place.” He said, and we both nodded saying good bye to each other. Xavier and Cook hugged each other, “Say hi to your kids.” Cook said, Xavier laughed and nodded. He waved at us and walked away. “Your brother is hot.” I said, Cook laughed.

“I’m hotter.”

“I thought he’s married?”

“Uh yeah, his wife died 2 years ago.”

“That must be hard for him, handling a big company and two kids.”

“He’s a smart man, a great father.” Cook said, smiling and looked at me. “Let’s go back home.” He said, he pay the bills and we walked out. “Why are we going to America anyways?” I asked him, “Vacation.” He looked at me, I jumped like a child and hugged him. “Thank you so much.” I said, he hugged me back and kissed my forehead. “Anything for you.” Cook said, we got in the car and drove back home.

(A/N) - Yes indeed, Tauriel is a character from The Hobbit. You can tell I'm obsessed with the hobbit, too bad it's done :( but anyways, if you're wondering how Xavier looked like. I'll put his picture beside, but if you're on mobile it's on top. Anyways, if you're asking what gender is Tauriel. Tauriel is a female. Thank you for reading, I love you! xo & merry late christmas I guess? I hope you get everything you wanted!