College (Chapter 12)

COOK’s POV

It’s been a week, I’m kinda embarrassed telling her that I like her. It wasn’t a right time, I mean it’s kinda obvious she hasn’t moved on Zachary right? I saw Effy coming out from her room and to the kitchen. “Hey, good morning Cook.” She said and smiled to me, “Good morning.” I said back, smiling. “You wanna go out and eat?” I said, gulping. “I wish I can but I have class in 20 minutes so, sorry.” She shrugged and pouted at me. Urgh, damn it. “I have class too, wanna go together?” I said, hoping for a yes. “Yeah, sure. I’ll get my bag, okay?” She said, nodding and went back to her room to get her bag. I took my bag, my keys and keep my cigarette box inside my pocket. She got out, “Let’s go.” She said and we walked out from our apartment, I locked the door. The walk to my car was awkward silence, none of us wanted to even break the silence. Once we got in the car, I started driving and I looked at her. “Are you still in love with Zach?” I asked him, she looked at me and I can see her eyes was sad. “I..I wasn’t in love with him. I j-just liked him b-but the feelings were decreasing once h-he showed me his true colors and nothing but hatred grew when he kept me in his house...Let’s just stop talking about him, yeah?” She said, wiping her tears and looked at the window. “I’m sorry for asking you that, I just wanted to know.” I said, I was am sorry. I didn’t want to make her feel upset, I just wanted to know. Hell, she’s depressed about it. Her best friend is dead, no parents and with this Zach thing. I can see she’s holding a big weight on her shoulders that it’s hard for her to shrug it off. “It’s okay.” She said, smiling. I know it’s a fake smile but I don’t want to bother her more about it. We finally reached college, I parked my car and we got out. People were looking weird at us, “Do you want me to walk you to class?” I stopped her, asking her. “No, it’s okay. I’ll see you later, Cook.” She said, kept on walking to class. I rubbed my face, sighing and walk to class.

5 HOURS LATER

After I’m done with history, I walked to my locker. I opened it and took my books for the next class. Once I closed it, a girl came to me. “Cook right?” She said, I nodded. She touched my chest, biting her lip while looking at me. “Do you wanna go to this party tonight?” She said, batting her eyelashes. “Nah, I’m sorry.” I said, rejecting her and walked away. I don’t want to go to this stupid college party, it just not my taste. Sure, I like to go partying but not college party. Sure, they’re the best. I’ve been there but with times like these, It’ll be the best if I either stay home and go out with Effy. Speaking of her, I have a class with her now. I smiled to myself, finally I get to see her. I walked in the class and searching for her, I found her at the back of the class studying her ass off. Finals were near, she didn’t get the chance to learn anything due to her missing. I walked to her, sitting beside her and she looked at me. “Hey.” She said, I said hi back and she went back to studying. “Eff.” I called her, and she raised her eyebrow at me. “I can teach all things you should know for finals since you were gone for weeks.” I offered her, she nodded and smiled at me. “We’ll go to the coffee shop where I used to brought you and study there?” I said, smiling at her. “That’ll be nice, I miss their food and drinks though.” She said and we both laughed, it’s good to see her laugh again. It makes me happy, I mean sure I sound cheesy but come on this girl makes me happy man.

(A/N) - This chapter is short, I know! I just wanted to let you guys know what happened to them after the hospital thingy. Anyways, I wrote a new story. The title is Midnight, it'll be amazing if you guys read it though! ((It's a Ashton Irwin from 5SOS fanfic)) ;)