1 2

Josh POV

When the movie was done, I take my arm away from her back, and she sits up, streches, and slowly get up. I got up too, and as an unspoken agreement, we walk out of the cinema. It was still sun outside, and it was a bit early to go home.

"You wanna go to the beach?" I asked her, as we approached the car.

"Yeah sure" she answers and looks at me with a genuine smile. I respond with a slight nod and a smile, and the rest of the walk was in silence.

When we got to the car, and she was inside, she looked at herself in the rear view mirror.

"Oh, God, it looks like I've been crying for three days straight!" She says with a stiff laugh, as she wipe the remaining mascara away from under her eyes.

"I think you look great, to be honest" I say to lighten her mood a bit. She just shakes her head and laugh.

I start driving towards the beach, as she puts on the radio. The song "A-Team" by Ed Sheeran comes on, and she rolls down her window so the air is making her short hair blow. It looks amazing. I continue to take short looks at her for the rest of the ride, amd before the song is finished, we're at the beach.

"I think I'll just leave my shoes here" she says to me.

"Okay, then I'll do it as well"

We take off our shows and we start walking besides the shore, watching the waves brush in on the already damp sand. Then something happens that I did not predict.

She took my hand, and linked our fingers together. She didn't say anything, she didn't even look at me while she did it.

A wierd, tangly, warm feeling spread trough my chest, when our hands touched. We continued to walk down the beach in silence, until Jen dropped my hand, and spoke.

"I should probably be heading home soon, I told my mom I was going to be home for dinner."

"Yes of course. Let's go!" I say and turn around halfway, to look at her. She looked at me too, and we stood there like that, for almost five seconds. Lost in each others eyes. I took her hand in my hand. And slowly brought it up to my mouth, and kissed it. Then she giggled, looked down and started to walk back. I followed her back to the car, but this time, none of us tried to hold the others hand. It was just silence. Comfortable silence.

I drove her home, and when we got to her house. She turned around in her seat to look at me.

"I had a great time today, thanks!" I said before she could say anything.

"Me too," She says, and hesitates for a moment. Then she leaned in and kissed my cheek "see you tomorrow Josh."

I felt a warm tingling in my cheeks as she walked out of the car. I waved at her, and she smiled back at me.

Wow.