2 9

Josh POV

(three weeks later)

I wake up. The sun is blinding me, making my eyes squint back together. I try to wake and shake off the sleep, but something is lying on my arm and half of my chest. I suddenly remember who it is, and the thought brings a smile to my face. I open my eyes again, to look down at the sleeping beauty besides me. Her now much longer blonde hair is up in a bun, and she's wearing a way to big t-shirt as pajamas. We must've kicked the comforter off in sleep, because it was now on the floor. Memories of last night starts spreading in my mind. The way she smiled when I picked her up at her house. The way her laughter filled the room with joy. The way she looked like the prettiest woman on this earth in her dress. Last night was me and Jennifer's one month anniversary. We went out for dinner, and after that, we went to the place I took her on that special date. The date that made me realize how much I like Jennifer. Because I really do. This is not just something I'm saying for fun. I am deeply, madly in love with her.

Her stirring shakes me out of my own thoughts and throws me back into reality. She turns a bit, so she's faceplanting into my arm, and mumbles something.

"What?" I ask her, a smile finding its way into my face.

She lifts her head just a centimeter. "I said, your arm is comfy."

I laugh a bit, and try to sit up but she drags me down again.

"It's comfy, but only if you lie still." I can hear her say.

I laugh again. Oh, how many times haven't I wished for the ability to freeze moments, and collect them; harvest them, so I can go back into them whenever I want to. This is one of them. Her makeup-less face, stuck into my arm, while the sun is shining in trough the windows, the distant sound of my mother making breakf...

"Can you close the curtain?!" Jennifer says frustrated into my arm.

So much for a lovely moment.

Jennifer is certainly not a morning person. But that's okay, not everyone can be.

I go to close the curtains, but end up doing the opposite, because the clock is already 10 am, and Jennifer had to be home in half an hour, because she is visiting her grandmother. When open up the curtains even more, I hear cursing and movement from behind me. I continue to look out the window, pretending I can't hear her feet tapping against the wooden floor as she moves closer to me. A pair of hands snake their way around my waist, I can feel her breath on my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

"You are a bad person." She whispers. I have to bite my lip to hold in my laughter.

Her arms gets removed from my waist, and her breath disappears from my ear. I can hear clothes getting tossed around, and the sound of the door clicking. She has probably gone to shower. I walk down the stairs, and start making us both breakfast.

***

Jennifer POV

The rain splatters down on the car window, making it hard for me to stay awake. I've been traveling for about an hour now, and if we're not there yet, I will probably fall asleep. My mom's constant rambling about unimportant things doesn't help much on my sleepiness.

"... The weather is just getting worse and worse by the minute. My advice is to get to a house as soon as possible, and stay there until this storm is over."

The man on the radio catches my attention.

"Storm?" I ask.

"Looks like it. Doesn't surprise me though. I mean, look at the weather.",

"Are we there yet?" I feel more and more insecure about the weather, the more I think of it.

"About 20 minutes. Don't worry, we'll be okay sweetie." My mom's words calm me down a little bit, but not enough. I start overthinking things, my head going nuts.

"Why don't you get some sleep, Jennifer darling? I'll wake you up if something comes up."

Like I can sleep in this situation.

***

I must've fallen asleep, because I wake up because of the door being slammed shut. I jolt up, and see that were at my grandparent's house. The rain is still pouring down, event worse than the last time I looked. I unbuckled my seatbelt and tightened my hoodie around me, and walked out to the rain. My mom was already inside, with all the luggage. My grandma is standing in the front door, holding it up for me to run inside.

"Hurry up Jennifer, you'll become soaked!" She said when I was 10 feet away from the door.

I mutter a thank you and quickly take off my shoes and hoodie, which both were more wet than the ocean.

I walk into the living room, with my grandma following closely behind me. I turn around and give her a hug, her familiar scent of coffee and wood filling my nostrils, making me feel three times as safe as I felt just a minute ago.

I have more memories in this house than I have any other place. To be honest, this house is more like home to me than my own house.

"I'm just gonna call Josh, be back in 5." I say to them as I turn around. I go up to the 2nd floor, the wood creaking underneath my feet. I walk down the dark hallway, finding the room I'm always staying in. My hands try to find the light switch, and when I find it, a whole childhood lights up in front of me.

My old pictures of kittens and boy bands, the bat I used when me and my brothers played baseball outside, the bed; everything. Everything in here has a meaning.

Calling Josh can wait until tomorrow. I need sleep.

~~

So I posted a new story, it's called "fog".

Hope yall can check it out, it's not a fanfic, but like a real storystory!!