✬ sweater - e (DRAFT)

y/n pov

Monday
a tap on my shoulder shook me away from my thoughts, i look up and see my bestfriend- ethan smiling at me. i give a small slight smile and looked away immediately. "hey y/n, you need my sweater?" i nod a little as a tear fell off my red rosy cheeks. he hands me the sweater that smelled like him, the scent itself calming me down. me and ethan would always trade eachother a special sweater whenever we would have bad days. they were only meant for me and him. its just a little thing we do ever since we were young. my sweater was about the same size as his- just different colour and brand

he sits down next to me, and caresses my back, "everythings gonna be okay. pleaseeeee smile for eth" he shakes me, i roll my eyes playfully as i sniff- wiping off my tears. ethan smiles and leans in for a good five second hug, "ice cream after school?"

Tuesday

"hey!" ethan yells across the hallway, i look back and he catches up as he pants, "i need your help" he giggles as a blush appears on his cheek. "theres the new girl, you've heard of her right?" i tilt my head as my hand gripped onto the books that were hugged into my chest. "uhh, yeah? why" i chuckle nervously, he stands up straight and nudges me in a friendly way as we walked down the hallway, "well- shes so ho-" he grips onto my wrist while my other hand was holding onto dear life. "shes right there! holy shit!" he whispers to me in a loud way, my heart trembles as i thought about what would happen if ethan and the new girl get close.

i stare at her, she was gorgeous- blue eyes and perfect hourglass body.. surely shes got all the boys drooling over her? i take a deep breath and sighed as ethan's sweater was still on me since ive been having bad days. "should i ask her for the number? her name is heather by the way-"

yeah, of course

i look up at his pretty glowing hazel eyes and nodded softly, "go for it"

i lied, i shouldnt have said that if i knew that it would hurt me in the long run

Friday

i see ethan sitting at our lunch table with heather laughing at the jokes we would always laugh about in the same spot, i go up to ethan until he just stared- no words? heather looks behind her and sees me, giving me an unsure look.

"hey? whats up" eth says calmly. my eyes wander around as nervousness rise up, i hand him the sweater i would always borrow whenever i would have a bad day.

"thank-"

"who is she ethan? why does she have your sweater?" heather complains as she looks at us back and fourth, giving me dirty looks every now and then. ethan gives me a sad look as she explains himself to heather "shes my bestfriend- y/n. we would always-"

"what the hell ethan? we just started and then i find out another girl has permission with getting ahold of your shit?"

-

Monday

"come in.."

"hey" ethan smiles softly- i smile at him back as i pat the spot next to my bed. signalling for him to sit next down to me. he starts to sob as i pull him into me, "i dont understand.. she gets mad at me for the simplest things! and were not even dating yet.. were just- something"

"its okay eth, you want my sweater?" i smile as ethan pulls away- a small tint of blush rushing to his cheeks. "yes, of course" i hand him my vanilla scented sweater that fit him perfectly. he takes a good whiff of it and then lays down on my bed.

"i miss hanging out with you, im sorry that ive been dealing with heather's ass lately" he chuckles as i laid a little further away from him.

"netflix?"

-

Thursday

"y/n!" ethan runs up to me as he pants, a small smile appears on my face as he walked by me. "hey whats wrong..?"

"nothing."

he stops and made me face him, "stop lying to me y/n.. i know something is up" he stares into my eyes as both his hands gripped onto my shoulders. i look up at him and almost cried- i havent been able to hang out with him lately. its like im slowly losing him

"im having a bad day... can i have your sweater please?"

ethan's body softens "i..uhm-" as i waited for him to finish his sentence- another figure walks up to us. heather

"you gave her your sweater?" i look at her and at ethan with tears ready to spill- good thing people at school arent problematic and watch the drama going on.

"im-"

"ethan.. are you serious" i sigh, as i look down so i could wipe my tears

"i can explain.." ethan sighs as heather walks away from us, "please she was also having a bad day and i didnt know you were also having-"

"because you never even check up on me anymore! we barely hangout! you only hang out with me when you're having a bad day.." i cried quietly, "i think i need mine back" i look up at him with him wearing mine on.

ethan says nothing and walks away, leaving me crying like a loser in the hallway.

that sweater was only meant for us.

-

Monday

another new kid? surprisingly it was a boy this time- he was something to drool over though. his name was angel- just found out this morning by him sitting next to me. completely replacing ethan's old spot.. now he just sits with heather at the back, he just looks miserable for the past few days and it sucks because i honestly have no idea how to comfort him after weeks of not talking or hanging out with him. we barely keep in touch

"yoo" angel slumps in the seat next to him and groans, "god i fucking hate it here" he chuckles, he looks at me with his ocean blue eyes and then smiles. "hey, aren't you that girl that ethan always talks about?"

i look at him confused, he mustve mixed me up with heather, "um.. no? are you talking about miss blondie in the back?" i chuckled awkwardly, he shook his head no and chewed on the tip of his pen, "actually no, you're literally what he described to me. pretty long hair, pretty eyes and smile, also! very friendly" he raises an eyebrow.

a small tint of blush rushes to my cheeks and i look away, "why was he talking about me anyways" i shut my eyes as i felt another person staring into me.. ethan

"we actually knew eachother before i moved here again, we had to catch up and damn he talked about you a fuck ton of times.. seems like hes got a crush" he nudges me in a friendly way, giggling afterwards. i rolled my eyes as i stared at the empty piece of paper i had on my desk. "well he has a girlfriend- im nothing but a friend to him"

"hm." angel says, turning away. why has ethan been talking about me instead of his bratty girlfriend? i don't understand. im starting to lose my friendship with ethan and honestly.. i dont mind? especially how hes been ignoring me for her.

"you know" angel mumbles

"we should hangout sometime" he looks at me and smiled, handing me a small piece of paper with his number written on it. i look at it and then back to him. i nod and put the paper in my pocket. 

hi guys :) i made this months ago, i just felt like posting a draft