XXIX

"Lucky for you Mr. Vaughan the baby is okay. But your wife needs to rest. She's very stressed that's why she bled. Bleeding is usually normal for the first 10-12 weeks of pregnancy so you have nothing to worry about."

I was confused... 

What baby is she talking about?

"What do you mean baby?"

"Oh your wife didn't told you yet? She's about to be three months pregnant. I thought you're aware that she's pregnant?"

"Anyway, I have a lot of patients to attend to. Talk to your wife about her pregnancy and don't stress her too much okay?"

I was left alone at the corridor of the hospital.

Fuck! My wife is pregnant and she just found out that I'm having a fucking affair. Why didn't she told me that she's fucking pregnant? I wouldn't have committed those stupid shits and would've understand why she's acting crazy...

I rubbed my palm together, this is a fucking mess. I didn't expect it to be this messy. Zyraj shouldn't have found it out in the first place. It was suppose to be hidden forever.

What would I fucking do? I don't know what her headspace at, the best thing I could do right now is explain everything and tell her that I told Elaine that we should stop seeing each other. And that I am aware of the mistakes I did and I'm not going to do it again. 

Fuck I don't know. I don't even know if I could face her right now. I feel guilty, humiliated, stupid, frustrated...

-

"You're awake...
I've bought you flowers."

I said as I gesture the flowers I bought when she's still sleeping. She looked at it and scoffed.

"Do you think my favorite flower would fix what you just did?"

I looked at the ground because I didn't know how to respond...

"I am with her to tell her that we should stop seeing each other. I've been seeing her for about a month now. Behind you back..."

How did I manage to say that as if it's not a big deal because it is. I sound like a fucking douche.

"I know I'm not stupid."

She calmly said. I find it weird that we're talking casually, like I didn't just cheat on her.

"I'm sorry. I'm not doing it again. I wouldn't have done it if I know you're pregnant."

"Oh, so I should've told you in the first place, it's my fault you can't keep your dick to yourself huh?"

"I'm sorry."

There was an uncomfortable silence surrounding the hospital room. I don't know what should I do.

"I'm not going to leave you because we have a family Ej but that doesn't mean I forgive you. and how you disrespected me and defiled me as a woman. You're fucking disgusting. I'm not even surprise because you cheated on me once...

I guess it is true that once a cheater would always be a cheater huh?"

I didn't respond, I'm just going to let her frustrations out. I know it's my fault and I'm taking full responsibility to what I did. These are the consequences to my actions and I must face it.

"I will make it up to you. Just give me a chance..."

"Buti hindi mo ko sinisisi kung bakit ka nagloko? Siguro kung di ako buntis kasalanan ko to lahat diba? Kasi hindi ko binibigay mga pangangailangan mo. Napaka babaw mo Ej, ang babaw ng rason mo para lokohin ako. Hindi mo man lang inisip yung mga anak mo. Sarili mo lang iniisip mo."

Her words struck my heart like an arrow in my chest. It is true, I didn't even think about my family. I was too tempted and I gave in to temptation so easily.

"I'm going to stay with my parents, I'll bring the kids with me. We need some time apart. Maybe then you'll realize how important we are to you."

I didn't argue with her anymore. It's the least I could do. The damage is done and I can't undo it. The only thing I could do is to win her back.

"Wag kang magalala. Hindi ko sasabihin sa magulang ko yung mga kahayupan mo."

I felt the pain in my chest, she's very disgusted with me. I would feel the same way too. I would hate myself too.

She shouldn't have seen it in the first place goddamnit.

"Why didn't you tell me you're pregnant Zy?"

"I wanted to surprise you, ako pala yung susurpresahin mo. Ilang araw ko na nararamdaman na may kakaiba sayo. Hindi ako tanga Ej, nananahimik lang ako."

I would've guessed, I'm too focused with Elaine that i forgot about Zy. If I was a killer my job would be sloppy as fuck and I would get caught after killing someone because how messy the crime scene was.

And that's exactly what happened.

I took a deep breath and felt a vibration on my pocket. I took my phone out and saw that Elaine messaged me.

I'm sorry it had to end that way. Sorry that your wife had to find out. This is goodbye. I hope you fix what you've broken.

She casually said, we're fucked up huh? I don't even feel guilty that I cheated on her. I felt guilty because I got caught. 

I know it's messed up but it's the truth...