XXV

I woke up to the sound of Zyraj, retching this morning. The last week has been rough for her, I always caught her throwing up or retching. What the fuck is wrong with her?

"Are you alright?"

I asked her as I rubbed her back, she flinched and flushed the toiled. She continued to the sink and I'm just staring at her as she brushes her teeth.

"I noticed you're not feeling the last couple of days. Why won't you come to the doctor later?"

You could hear the concern in my voice though I try not to. How could I not worry she's my wife after all.

"No, I'm okay."

"Do you want to come to Mexico with me?"

"I don't know Ej. Hindi talaga maganda ang pakiramdam ko. I just want to rest."

I looked at her, her eyes under eyes are much darker than before. She lost weight and she looks tired.

Damn, I guess it affects her too.

I suddenly felt bad because of the things I've done to her, all this time I've been fucking someone else while my wife stays at home to take care of the kids...

-

I've decided to cancel the trip to Mexico to spend the day with my wife. I don't know what's happening with her anymore.

"I took the day off, so I could be with you and take care of you."

"You shouldn't have done that I'm okay."

She insisted but I didn't listen to her. I went down the kitchen to instruct the chef to make a porridge for her.

I'm actually a pretty decent husband except for the fact that I'm a cheater and I have no remorse towards it. Fuck, what am I going to do know?

I waited for our cook to finish the porridge that he's making and went my way upstairs to where our bedroom was. I noticed that Zyraj was pretty out of it. As if her head was up in space.

"Hey..."

I caught her attention and she was startled a little bit.

"I brought you this, and some freshly squeezed orange juice."

"Thanks."

She said as I carefully placed the tray in her lap. I stared at her trying to examine her, I can't pinpoint what's wrong with her. She looks fine but she doesn't. Do you know what I mean?

"Tell me, what's bothering you?"

I broke the silence and she stared back at me...

"I told you, I'm fine Ej."

"You're lying..."

"Oh, and you're not?"

I was taken aback by her response. Does she know something? Did she found out about Elaine? My heart was pounding, my hands and feet went cold.

"What do you mean?"

I laughed. Fuck, I'm a nervous laugher and she knows it. I'm going to get caught if I continued acting this way.

"I'm just kidding, gosh."

There was a little bit of awkwardness after she said that because I know for a fact that she's not going to act this way if she doesn't know a thing. I'm not that dumb. I looked at my phone at the bedside table.

Fuck. Did Elaine messaged me? I didn't told her that I didn't come to work today.

We usually message each other once she knows I'm at the office and before I go to home I always delete our messages...

I'm screwed. I need to get rid of her as soon as possible.

Change of plans lads...

As much as I hate it, I need to cut ties with Elaine. I don't want to get caught.