XXVIII

Exequiel Jacques Vaughan

I checked my phone to find if Elaine messaged me, but I didn't find anything which made me relieved that Zyraj did not see anything, whew I was worried for nothing.

The day went on as usual we didn't do much all day, we just watched movies while we're cuddled in our bed. Zyraj was unusually quiet but I kind of get it because she doesn't feel good today. She didn't even tend the kids indicating that something's clearly wrong with her. 

I tried my best to act normal because I'm kind of worried that Zyraj is suspecting something.

I need to talk to Elaine tomorrow and tell her that we should stop seeing each other before Zyraj think of it. I need to eliminate the problem so it wouldn't be a threat to our relationship...

I do love my wife and I would do anything to keep her in my life, but I was tempted. And as a man I can't resist temptation. I know that it's stupid to reason out that I cheated because I'm a man. I had no excuse. I shouldn't seek for comfort with other people why my relationship with my wife is unstable.

So I guess I'm doing the right thing by stopping all these madness right?

-

I can't sleep, I need to sort this out as soon as possible. I sighed then carefully made my way to the balcony and dialed Elaine's number. I know she's still awake because she's awake at night and asleep at morning because of her pub.

She answered the call after a few rings.

"Why are you calling so late? Do you want to fuck?"

She asked as if it's not a big deal. Well she's very liberated and carefree.

"No... I just want to say something."

"Go ahead say it."

She assured me, but I don't want to say it through the phone that's kind of a dick move right? She at least deserve a nice closure from all the fun that we have.

"Let's just discuss this tomorrow, I'm going out for lunch."

"Okay. Just text me the location."

She said as I hung up the phone. I sighed then gently walked inside our room. I'm trying my best not to make a noise because Zyraj is a very light sleeper. I managed to hop in the bed without creating much fuss. I checked on her to see if she's sleeping and thank god she is...

Don't worry love after tomorrow, we won't have a problem anymore. I'm going to end all of it. I'm sorry. 

I thought then drifted off to sleep.

-

"Mildred schedule a reservation at the Valley's I'm going to hang out with the boys. I'm going out for lunch."

"Right away sir."

I don't really feel anything, I'm kind of relieved because I managed to get out of this mess without Zyraj knowing. I don't want her to find out. Knowing Elaine I know she's not going to be dramatic over this. She has a lot of guys and she's very young.

After attending to a conference meeting, I drove myself to the Valley and Elaine was already sitting there.

"I hope you don't mind, I already ordered for the both of us."

She said as I pulled myself a chair.

"No, it's okay. Pretty practical to be honest, that way we don't have to wait for our food for too long."

I chugged the glass of wine that's already in the table. There was a comfortable silence that enveloped us as we wait for our food to arrive. Shortly, the food came.

"So what did you want to talk about?"

She said as she shoved a mouthful of pasta in her mouth.

"I want this to stop."

I said as I looked at her in the eye, she smiled then said: "Okay." that was it no arguments or begging not to leave her. It was pretty cool to be completely honest, it's rare to have someone like this, I'm really glad that Elaine was the person I've had an affair with.

We had a nice meal and a nice conversation. We agreed no to contact each other ever again and to forget about what happened. We even joked about 'what happens in dungeon stays in dungeon.'

After we had a meal we walked side by side to exit the restaurant.

"So this is goodbye then?"

She asked.

"It is."

I agreed.

"Can I at least have one last kiss before we part ways?"

She planted a kiss on my lips, I didn't said no because it was one of the last thing I would give to her. What I didn't expect was the woman that was standing in front of us. It was Zyraj.

I immediately panicked and didn't know what to react, it all happened so fast.

"Who is she Ej?"

She said as she looked at me and Elaine, Elaine is just looking at the ground avoiding eye contact. 

"Don't fucking lie to me."

That caught me off guard because she only curses when she's angry. I mean she had the right to be angry... But how did she fucking know I'm here? Fuck, she must've asked Mildred.

I fucked up bigtime and lying would only make it much worse.

"This is Elaine... My submissive."

"I'm sorry Zy."

I admitted, I'm fucked anyway. I'm just going to explain everything to her that we met because we ended it. And it was a mistake at my part.

What happened next is something I didn't expect. I saw Zyraj bleeding and the next thing I know she was about to fall to the ground. My reflexes immediately catched her. I saw Claus coming our way as I'm carrying my wife.

I didn't bother to look at Elaine, I'm too worried about what's happening with my wife to even think about her.

"Claus drive to the hospital! Quick!"