The Night Before/ Fessing Up

SAMILA

I tapped Tyrone on the arm so he could wake up. All he did was stir in his sleep.

I tapped him harder making sure I wake him.

He sat up exposing his bare chest. That sidetracked me for a few moments as he tried to adjust his eyes to the light.

"Huh? What's wrong?" He asked with sleep still tugging at his lashes.

"Why am I in your shirt and not my dress? Why am I in your bed with you? What happened last night?"

He chuckled at my distress. As if this was a joke.

"Tyrone my foot is far to close to your balls for you to be laughing at what I'm asking you."

"Ok chill out. Last night nothing happened. We watched the show till we fell asleep I woke up and it like 2 in the morning so I woke you to let you know you said you wanted to sleep here. You said you had to pee but you never came back so I went looking for you. Your were knocked out on my bed. Then you start whining about how tight your dress was so I let you use my shirt. You brushed your teeth while I was in my bed. Then you just got in the bed with me. That is all that happened ok."

"Thank god. I thought we had sex."

I hopped out of bed looking for my cell phone.

"I would never cross that line. Besides if we had sex you sure wouldn't be walking so straight."

He said with a laugh.

Tyrone wasn't my first but when we did have sex he gave me a serious case of noodle legs. I know that was the cause of that laugh.

"Shut up Tyrone."

I found my phone and went into the hall to call Harlem.

The phone rang longer than usual but that's because it's real early in the morning.

Hello? Ma?

Harlem baby yes it's me I just wanted to call and let you know I'm okay I slept over your father's.

Mom you didn't?

Oh god no. Thank god. We had dinner and watched TV and lost track of time is all. We discussed a lot. He think you should stay over Friday's, Saturday's, and Sunday evenings you can come back home. Do you like that? It sounds good to me.

Yeah that's cool. His house is mad huge. You talk to him about grandma and grandpa?

Yeah we'll schedule a time to meet this week.

Yes. I want you guys to talk they are really sorry Ma, they didn't mean for any of this to happen please hear them out.

I will baby doll don't you worry. I just wanted to fill you in. Get your sleep darling. Are you and Rakim okay now?

Yes. I have to tell you what happened but its real personal for him so I don't know if I should.

He trusted you with it so keep it baby you can tell me some other time when he's comfortable with it.

Okay Ma, see you later. Love you.

Ok sweetie. Love you more.

I came back into the room and Tyrone was making the bed so I went to the side I was on and helped him. He smiled at me but said nothing.

I went into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.

He followed behind me to do the same. Except he also got in the shower.