The Reason

Above is a picture of Cliff played by Quincy aka The beautiful beast! 💜😩😍

There will be people that tell you what to do in life. There are people that give you their opinion on something and you don't have to take their advice but when they turn out right, you have to decide whether you admit to yourself that you were wrong.

Naptualy_Talented 💛

Happy reading!
________________________________

Beginning of sophomore year..

Veronica

"Mom there is no point in making friends here Dad is just going to get some new promotion that has us up and leave and I'll never see them again. I've adjusted to the migrating I'm fine."

"Roni I know you hate moving but this is how your dad provides for us. Making friends make it a little easier once you make just one friend it won't feel like a countdown to a let down plus you'll have some good high school memories as opposed to a blur of sadness."

"Fine if I make one friend will this not be such a hot topic?"

"One friend baby doll."

My mom left and I just sat in be on my brand new laptop that was supposed to make up for moving from Massachusetts to Miami. I was scrolling through tumblr looking at all the cool teenagers that clearly didn't exist in real life.

I could hear my parents having a argument about our yearly moves.

We were virtually nomadic like we could never get comfortable cause as soon as we do it's time to get uncomfortable.

I heard my mom telling my dad that she can't keep telling me to make temporary friends that it wasn't fair to me.

I know this is my dads job but why do they have to move us every year we've never lived any where twice. Not once.

Next Morning..

"Can I borrow a pencil?"

The boy behind me asked.

I looked back. I hated lending things to classmates cause they never give the shit back.

"But you have a pen right there, you don't need my pencil."

He gave me a look that pretty much meant I was crazy.

"I don't need the pencil for my classes work I'm already done. I need a pencil to draw I left my charcoal pencils in my locker so can I borrow a pencil? Or do I have to take a interview first?"

"Oh yeah here I'm sorry people just never actually borrow things they steal them."

"Well I'm right here I won't run off with your precious."

He smiled at me and God was his smile amazing. He barely spoke to me or anyone really.

I alway see him with this same group of friend might be just five or six of them.

He not actually popular but he is cool he isn't a loser he is just laid back.

"What's your name?"

"Wow we've been grading each other's papers since school started how don't you know my name, Veronica?"

"I'm not that good with names."

Since I move around a whole lot there isn't a point in remembering names.

"I'm Rakim Mayers the guy that's been sitting behind you for a whole month.

"I'm Veronica Arnold."