"Get to know me.. the real me"

I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now.

I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now I just wanna know you, know you, know you.

'Cause all I know is we said, "Hello." And your eyes look like coming home All I know is a simple nameee and Everything has changed All I know is you held the door You'll be mine and I'll be yours All I know since yesterday is everything has changed

      -Taylor Swift ft Ed Sheeran

____________________________________________________________________________________

            HARLEM

I woke up today and was actually happy to go to school. I actually had friends and no this time they weren't my camera or music.

Actual nice people that were interested in Harlem the girl. Just the girl not the skin color of which the girl had.

I'm dressing girly today because the kids at school seemed shocked by how I dressed.

I go through my closet and put together a really cute outfit. I pick a black v-neck and a highlighter yellow skirt that's kinda poofy. With that I pick to wear my shiny black Dr.Martens I reach for a necklace on my dresser and a couple random bracelets.

I put my hair in high messy bun

leaving some hair out on the sides. I like when my fuchsia tips show.

I look in the mirror and I know I look good enough.

I leave my house and make my way to the corner store buying exactly what I bought yesterday morning.

On my way out I spot Rakim, Yavin and Dexter in the same spot.

I have to pass by them to get to school so I try my best to be all cute or whatever.

I put a little pep in my otherwise dull walk.

"Good Morning Guys!"  I say trying with all my might to make this seem natural of me.

"Who told you, you could just say good morning to us?"

Yavin says to me and I was taken aback. I obviously don't know when people are my friend because he just made it clear he wasn't.

"Well excuse me if I thought being curtious and saying "Good Morning" was the right thing to do. Its called common courtesy you need to grow some manners instead of all that hair!"

Who was he to talk to me that way I barely knew this dude.

"Yeah You just can't be saying Hi to us LIKE THAT." Rakim agreed with Yavin.

This must be one of those horrifically realistic dreams that people talk about in the movies.

Any moment I'd jump awake and start saying.. "And you were there and you and even you" .. etc.

My heart felt like it was being squeezed in between their fist. How foolish of me to be optimistic of what Miami had to offer. They didn't seem the least bit phased by my attitude.

I said nothing as I just turn to walk away with what little pride I remain after this.

"I mean how she gone say "Goodmorning Guys" and not hug us I just don't get it." Rakim say loud enough to make it sound lIke it was meant for me.

"What we did not to get good morning hugs Harlem?" Dexter asked me and this time I turn around looking all types of confused.

"Why didn't y'all just say that you had me thinking that I wasn't welcome and that y'all a pack of assholes."