20

Caleb Martinez

I prepared myself and wore the black tuxedo that was in my cabinet. It wasn't like a Christian wedding but wolf traditional wedding... But it doesn't mean that we can't get a beautiful reception.

I looked at the mirror and sighed. I combed my hair with my hand and nodded to the self satisfaction. I exhaled and made my way outside.

There was bright Dennis and gloomy Marie. I gulped and Dennis came to fix my neck tie and smiled.

"Perfect!" He was like a father sending his son to the wedding, when we will always see each other anyway. Marie reluctantly took my hand and we walked down the aisle.

The priestess smiled upon seeing me and I smiled back. We walked there and I stood waiting for the bride. Soon, Caren started to walk toward us.

She was really beautiful! That dress was the highlight of the day. It was very pretty and sculptured her definite features. Kyaa, she was so wow.

"This marriage can't be!"

Those were the last words I heard before I collapsed on the ground and the conscious left me.

I opened my eyes and I saw I was surrounded by people. Caren was on my right, took my hand crying.

"I'm sorry" she was saying over and over. People didn't seem to notice that I woke up because they continued to talk.

"How could you Caren? I trusted you with all of my heart and this is how you repaid me?" Jean, her father yelled at him as his wife and my brother hold him back.

Caren was still crying saying I'm sorry.

"I don't know why you still is holding him like that? Can't you feel self shame?" Marie said with her always calm tone. Caren was breaking down.

"So, you are saying he told you, you can take away that gift through mating with him?" Dennis asked in his calm tone just like his wife.

Caren suddenly looked up and scrunched her brows.

"What do you mean gift? It's a curse! I wanted to take the curse out of him because he is always suffering-"

"Did he ever tell you he was suffering because of that? Are you sure Bryson only wanted to help Caleb? Not take that gift himself?" Dennis was still interrogating Caren..

"I don't know! He betrayed me too!"

"I can't believe we did this! So if Caren mated with Caleb today his gift would go away because he mate with a mated alpha! Wow, that was precisely planned! Anyway, now you are not the one of us get out!" Dennis said still cold as ever.

I didn't have any guts to react. As I suspected, Caren was a fraud. Now I saw myself as the most dumb person in the world. How could I? I have known Caren since we were 4 but not even one day did I ever trace any greed in her.

I wonder what happened.

Strangely, it didn't hurt! Not even one bit! And it hurt that it didn't hurt...it was like I was waiting for her to blew her cover and web of lies.

What I couldn't believe, is that she was a bad person all along! Was it the reason why she was protective of Alec? Not because he was sibling, but because he was male Omega?

Did she change after meeting Bryson?

I couldn't find the answer, but I felt a disgusting feeling in my veins. I snatched my hand from her making all people to look at me.

"Caleb!"

"I'm going to meditate for few days in the mountains! I will come back soon!" I said trying to stand up when Caren took my hand to help me up.. I snatched my hand