12

Caleb Martinez

I looked at my dancing fingers as Mr Jean continued to talk. Caren beside me groaned and sighed..

What is the point of this dad? It's not for you to decide who your mate is! You can't do that to them... didn't you see? They love each other! Caren jumped to my rescue. I smiled at how this friend of mine really care of me.

His dad looked at her with his eyes that says I'm ready to jump at you and slit your throat.

How can you talk about mates? This family, I don't know why this thing continue down my generation! Me and Melina are not mates, you and Bryson aren't either, why can't Alec live with someone who isn't? He said slowly.

I lifted my head and looked at her. She turned to look at me with her worried look she always have. I opened my mouth and closed it.

Uhm, we will talk later! Dad... She continued to argue with her dad but I tuned out of that conversation because I started my own conversation..

Bryson is not her mate!

Why did she chose him over me? She always knew that I liked her... And Calvin would always tease because of it in front of her..

Didn't she know? Was she that dense? Or did she really ignore my feelings? Why did she choose Bryson? What does he have that I don't?

Strangely, that really hurt. The pain that I felt was so vivid that I clenched my heart on my chest.

All these wouldn't happened if she chose me that day!

What the fuck are you doing? Don't you know that Alec feel all this now? Carl scolded me and I came to my sense..

Alec..

Yes, Alec! You bastard! You have a mate for crying out loud! Calm down your titties!

What was I doing? I have a mate,I should remove these lingering emotions now... Or it will be over before it started..

Young man! The day is over and we didn't do the ritual, so it's best that you found each other! But I'm still wary of you! So be careful with my son! Mr Jean said and woke up to go...

I looked at him confused. What does he mean?

You can take Alec! But he said to let Alec come here every weekend! He looks hard like a walnut shell but inside he's very docile man! Caren explained when she saw my confused look.

I smiled and looked at the disappearing man with his wife tagging along. Well, this ended up better than I imagined... And they forgive my past things...

I found myself laughing my ass out. I was happy that a simple laughter couldn't express it.

Having fun? Caren asked standing up. I stood up too and scratched my head.

Are you kidding me? I waited for this day! All this seems so unreal... I want to throw a big party for him when all this is over! I said still smiling like a dork

Caren chuckled and nodded. I turned to her and regretted my decision. I looked away immediately.

I'm sorry I didn't tell-

No, it's alright! Of course I understand that there are things that you would keep secrets... I have none though! I can't believe I opened every page of my heart while you hide those hehe! I said and left a light chuckle at the end.

I turned to see her looking down. I sighed and circled my hand around her shoulder. She looked up confused.

Let's go out the three of us sometime! I said slowly but her confused look was still there.

With Bryson? Alec? She asked raising her brow. I smiled and flicked her forehead..

Wow, you looked like a baby of the group just now! With Calvin of course! Or you forgot about him? I asked slowly. She laughed awkwardly.

That's why Bryson was so rough on her. Because she's not his mate. I hope she will be happy next life.

Alec's room is this one! Please be silent as you can...walls are thin, hey Liam, come with me! Caren said when she opened the door to one of the room.

Inside was Liam talking to Alec. He nodded at Caren and kissed Alec on the cheek. Alec smiled and nodded.

Liam passed me and glared at me before walking away with Caren.

Mh? What the hell did I do?

I turned to Alec and he looked at me before bringing the comforter to his chest and laid down without sparing me another look.

I closed the door and went closer.

Alec-

Take shower! I'll go ask Dad for spare pyjamas! He said throwing the comforter from his body and went out of the bed. Running to the door.

Seriously, what did I do?

I shook my head and went to his bathroom. It was clean and tidy. I smiled. Every thing of him is beautiful. I can't that beautiful thing is my mate... I'm so lucky..

I got out with the towel on my waist but it was so small. Good thing is that Alec was back but he already curled himself in the comforter.

I sighed and went to take pyjamas from the bed and dried my hair.

Who do you have those feelings for? It was definitely not to me! I suddenly heard a soft voice, muffled by the comforter.

I smiled. That is why? Aaw, he's so cute!

He suddenly sat and I flinched and stopped my hand motions. He looked at me and tilted his head..

Well? He asked and blinked. I sighed and put down the dryer down after turning it off.

I stood up and made my way to the bed. I sat on it and snaked my arms around his waist. He tensed but I was stronger.

I laid him down, spooning him in. He continued to tense.. I stroke his hair drawing him closer.

It doesn't matter anymore! She has a mate, and I have mine! I said hushed. He relaxed and that made me to smile..

She? He asked slowly. Aaaw!

Yes, she! I answered and continued to stroke his soft brown hair..

Caleb? He called his voice strangled..

Mh?

You like women? He asked slowly. I smiled..

Yes! Who doesn't! I said but he suddenly sat. I sat and looked at him under the side lamp light..

Then..then..are you going to reject me? He asked his voice broken. I smiled and pulled him into my chest now hugging him tighter..

You had a long and tough day! Try to sleep the morning is here soon! I said pulling him to my chest. He wiggled making himself comfortable.

I smiled, Yes! You do that...make yourself comfortable because that's where you belong!

I swear I'm going crazy with all these things... What should I put it like?? Argh! I'm just going plain crazy!

I really want to simply jump at my own father and slit his throat open. I don't like that man..... And I don't think I will!

Maybe I should find my own pack now that I got my own Luna! I just like Alec so much that I want to grow old with him forever... I mean every lifetime.

If that is possible!

Author's note

Well, that is that! And did I say this is short story? I did?😁😁 Okay, so it will end in chapter 18 utmost! I one more chapter that I updated today.. please go check it out 🙇🙇🙇

Thank yo 😍😍😌