14

Alec Martinez

Shyly I tagged behind Caleb as his big brother Denis led us to the other big gate beside their house.

It was big house because all of the pack are living together. I wonder if I have to stay at this house full of people when I become his Luna.

That never crossed my mind when I was thinking of Caleb. Of course he's the Alpha, inheriting Alpha! That makes me his Luna!

Just the thought of that big responsibility made my shoulder falter with heaviness.

I gulped and reflect my life choices. But aren't I getting ahead of myself? What if Caleb will never mark me and maybe find himself another mate? If that's possible!

Just the thought of it made me so excited! Do I need school now? I have a great responsibility, I don't think school is relevant anymore...

What are you thinking about? Caleb whispered to me squeezing my hand. I gasped and threw my other hand on my lips.

You can hear my thought? I asked in hushed voice but unfortunately, I was dealing with wolves. Denis and Caleb laughed simultaneously, leaving me with red problem.

Haha! Watching wolves movies much eh? Nothing like that happens in real life! Except if you're a witch! Denis explained walking a little ahead of us. We were only few steps from the big gate.

I nodded in realization. But I could feel pair of eyes digging a hole on my face. I turned up and saw Caleb looked away with a smirk..

Except if you're a witch!

Oh shit! I muttered snatching my hand from his grasp. He looked away cackling. I looked at him feeling embarrassed and angry..

He turned to me and cupped my cheeks.

Don't worry my dear Luna! I'll never reject you! He said pecking my lips. He took my hand and dragged me to the gate.

Outside the gate, was a big house. A big wolf fountain outside. It was so beautiful. I wonder who stays here...

Denis stopped and turned to us and took something from his pocket and keep it on front of us. It was a key..

It's yours! Happy birthday! I threw my hands to my lips in disbelief.

Best birthday present ever!

My own house at the age of 18! Look at that! I threw my arms around Caleb expressing my gratitude through teary expression.

Hehe! Glad you like it! I'll leave you then! Find me if you want something okay? Denis said and left me clinging to Caleb like he was the one who gave me the gift.

I pulled away and looked away shyly. Oh gods.... Denis must have felt bad! He was the one that gave me the gift and I didn't say thank you!

Possessive much? I'm all yours! He said rounding his arms around my waist.

What do you say? We call off that date and go cozy in our new house? He asked snuggling closer.

Of course it's ours! How dare me thinks it's mine!

No! The date is on! Let's go now! I said dragging him to the parking lot where his car was parked.

My face was hot and red. That moment was the one that I really, really anticipated. Nothing like calling it out.

He helped me fastening the seat belt and I just smiled not wanting to start another bottomless argument.

When he started the engine, there was the big chaos in the house. He turned to me in confusion then turned off the engine.