26

Alec couldn't believe Caleb had an audacity to look at him with those loving eyes. He was already dead for heaven sake.

The rest of congregation went out leaving them alone, saying to settle things! But believe me, that isn't something you can settle in one day, let alone few minutes.

He always wonder why those girls who have been cheated on by their partners still go back to them. He understands that people changes but he nearly died. If he really died, Caleb wouldn't have anyone to settle things with right?

The awkwardness in the room was unbearable! Alec sighed and struggled to find anything to say because everything he already had their answers.

"Alec, I'm-"

"Save it Caleb! I'm not mad! I'm not mad at all so there is nothing to forgive! You did what was right at the moment! You chose the one your inner person really wanted and I appreciate the honesty. Actually it was good thing that it came to an end! I was starting to wonder when you will love me,and I was determined to change the fact that you loved the Caren inside of me!"

Alec stopped and let out a light chuckle. Caleb's eyes was wide open. Does this mean everyone around him knew his feelings except himself?

When he was with Alec, he swore he really loved him. But even Alec himself saw that! That left a really sour taste on his tongue.

Alec looked up and saw Caleb's expression. He sarcastically laughed.

"Don't give me I didn't know what I was doing shit Caleb! If I must enlighten you dear one, my wolf is awakened and I'm still your mate! I can hear and feel everything you feel right now!" Alec said with such distaste.

Caleb looked up feeling relief that Alec was still his mate. But Alec wasn't having any of the shit that night. Ever since his memory came few hours ago, he swore not to be Luna for Caleb, or anyone for that matter.

He came to a resolution that he will live alone for the rest of the remaining life. He will talk with Alex for that.

"Alec, please give me ano-"

"This isn't how it's done Caleb! I'm dead already remember? The Alec who loved you is dead! Now, why don't you run to Caren darling and bear children together? I'm sure she will like that!"

Alec said sobbing because that's not what his inner mind is saying. Caleb couldn't pass the chance to grab onto that. His facial expressions turned as he thought of Caren.

"Caren was still under Bryson! Bryson didn't get what he wanted but he was satisfied with screwing up my life nonetheless! Caren was seen just living her life somewhere! But no, please Alec! You know I really want to-"

"Caleb! We are already pass the romantic phase! You broke me first! Don't expect that we will be lovey dovey again! We don't tick again! I wish you didn't do that! I really loved you, you know! And I hate myself for feeling like this when you nearly killed me! I hate myself that I can't hate you! I hate myself that I'm still anxious you will reject me in the way! I'm still-"

Caleb stopped him by connecting his lips to his own. Which Alec struggled at first but then melted on the way.

"We will work out Alec! Please let me cherish you! Let me-"

"You don't get to say that Caleb! You are not number one in my heart anymore!" Alec said with broke Caleb's heart in millions pieces.

"I know! We will work that out together!" Caleb said resting his forehead on Alec's.

Alec never felt disgusted with his life as that moment. He just stupidly melted into Caleb's arms. The man who couldn't sort his feelings. Well, he was already dead anyway... So he will just live collecting few happy memories with the second life that the goddess gave him.