07

Caleb Martinez

Fuck!

That will be the only word to describe things that happened today! Why today out of all those empty days? I mean I couldn't choose a better time.

I accelerated my car directly to the house that I'm living in. My mind was clouded and I couldn't think twice! But thanks to the wolf power behind me I felt a little settled.

Gods! What if I did something to Alec? I'm sure I would have killed myself that instant! The horror and worry in Alec's eyes still lingered in my mind and I couldn't shake it off!

Since I discovered that Alec is my mate, that's like two years ago, Caren made sure not to let Alec near me... Because of the damn thing! And I thought it would act that day she left him with me... luckily it didn't.

I applied break suddenly and let out an agony shriek. Luckily, I was already home! I rested my head on my car's steering wheel! Fuck!

I swear to god if this thing doesn't stop soon...I'm going to kill myself..but then that thought made me cringe. A memory of two years ago came into mind!

It was the day of my 18 birthday and all of my friends came to my house for my celebration. I looked around but I didn't feel any mate force they said you will feel when you turn 18... I scoffed and looked down.

I continued to draw small circles on the floor with my feet toes. I looked up and Caren was enjoying herself with her mate and Calvin. I smiled and looked down.

I can't believe I wished that Caren was my mate. But when she had her mate on her 18th birthday three months ago...my heart shattered. Of course, I smiled hugged her, and said congratulations...but in my heart, I was very bad. Worse!

I gulped and smiled. A hand touched my arm and I looked up to meet the calm eyes of my brother Denis. I smiled and sighed.

"Why is the birthday boy this gloomy? Is it because I didn't pass the alpha title to you?" He teased poking my ribs slowly. I smiled and shook my head.

My eyes returned to enjoying Caren in front of me and the smile dropped when her mate, Bryson, kissed her and the crowd cheered. Caren looked away shyly and her eyes met mine.

She stopped and blinked. I gulped and looked away meeting the piercing gaze of Denis. I looked down immediately. He sighed and put his big hand on my shoulder.

"Do you know that Caren is marked already? You need to let go of her so you can leave happy with your mate okay? Let's go do that ritual"

I stood like a rigid pole as Denis and the pack's leaders do the ritual. I wasn't amused because I didn't feel anything. People gathered looking at the thing that was happening. I gulped and turned to look at Caren.

She was looking at me unfortunately so I looked away quickly. One leader cleared his throat and I turned my attention to him. He furrowed his brows in confusion.

"This is strange. You were supposed to know your mate today. Or is she far?" He said slowly. I rolled my eyes... Duh! Maybe she's even on the other side of the world.

"But why are you sure that it is she?" Another leader said. I turned abruptly to him and coughed awkwardly. People laughed and I looked away shyly.