Chapter 34; Oksana Petrov

"Trent, I just sent you a photo. Do a background check and let me know what you find"

"Cool. We're out of beer. Buy some on your way home"

"I'm not your wife" TC grumbled hanging up but still remembered to buy the beer because he'd asked Trent a favor. Any other day he would have ignored him. The guy always had demands whenever he called and the problem was TC couldn't ignore him because sometimes he had important information.

Having grown up in a rich family, he was accustomed to getting whatever he wanted. Until his parents found out the reason he was so interested in computers. Trent had tried to hack into the FBI database. He would have succeeded if his mother hadn't walked in on him. He'd tried to hide what he was doing and ended up making a mistake. After two days of trying to convince the agents that their son wasn't a criminal, his father had told him to choose. Give up the computers and concentrate on going to college so he could take over their company or leave the house. Of course he left home, vowing not to take a single penny from his parents ever again. He'd been caught together with a group of hackers and given another choice. Work for them or rot in prison. Whenever he was broke, Trent sometimes voiced his regrets on not choosing to take over his father's company. But deep down TC knew the guy would make the same decision if asked again. He loved computers and although it would be cheesy to say computers loved him back, it was actually the truth.

An hour later, they were both sitting in front of the lit up screen a little shocked. "How could you not recognize her?"

"She was wearing a disguise. The fact that she was in disguise was what drew my attention. Otherwise I wouldn't have paid any attention to her" TC answered. While working on the Petrov case, he'd found out they had a sister. But because she wasn't involved in the business, he'd decided she had nothing to do with their illegal businesses. So including her in his investigation would be a bit unreasonable. He couldn't believe he'd been wrong about her.

"Why do you think she's here?" Trent asked

"Isn't it obvious?"

"She fell in love with Darren Carter?"

"Revenge. I can't come up with any other explanation as to why she was in disguise"

"She could also be in love with the guy. Let's not jump into conclusions man. We're done with the Petrovs" Trent told him clearly frustrated. TC understood his concern but he also knew he wasn't wrong. He trusted his instincts. Besides, it would be foolish to think her presence there was a coincidence.

"It's me she's after Trent. It was easy to see that she had feelings for Darren but I can't say how deep they go. When it comes down to it, she will have to pick me or him"

"I don't like this love triangle. What if she picks him?"

"Then that would mean telling him the truth about who she is. No matter how I look at it, I'm the simpler choice. Kill me and disappear"

"Okay then. You deal with her. I'll take care of Gwen when you're gone. Don't worry about her"

TC ignored that remark "Did you find out why she went to visit Lisandra?"

"They're maybe going to form an alliance. I don't know. The cameras in prison don't provide audio files"

"Fine. Keep an eye on her. Let me know where she lives. My guess is she has at least three or four houses. Leave out the one Darren knows. I want to know about the others"

They'd found out she had one house in the mountains in a secluded area. And an apartment in one of the posh buildings in New York. After Lisandra escaped from prison, TC knew she had something to do with it so he asked Trent to move in next door to her. Bugging her house was out of the question. She probably checked for bugs every time she stayed there. They opted to bug her phone instead. It was easier and the only time she let her guard down was when she was with Darren playing house. That was how they'd found out about Anatoli's threats.