Chapter 21: Apparition

Emilia groaned, turning to lie on her back. Heavens, how much had she drank yesterday? And why hadn't Max stopped her? They had a rule. Whenever they went out, he would limit her alcohol intake. It wasn't that she couldn't control herself, it was just that once she started she couldn't stop. That and the fact that she was a light weight, well, things tended to happen. Things she'd rather not rememb....

Do you feel like using the bathroom?

Max!

They had been talking and even though Thea had spiked her drinks, she wasn't really that drunk. Until Max asked if she wanted to use the bathroom. Surely he hadn't gotten her drunk on purpose. But then again this was her husband. Once in a while he reverted to the crazy reckless boy he'd been, who did things without thinking.

Emilia whipped her head to the left, to find him lying there with a smirk on his face, waiting for her to wake up "Morning beautiful"

"What happened yesterday?"

"Nothing too wild. Just the usual"

The way he said made her narrow her eyes at him "What do you mean by that?"

"I mean that we went out, spent the day with our friends and had tons of fun"

"Max..."

"I've got photos. Do you want to see?" he shook the phone in his hand in front of her face.

"Photos of what?" Emilia sat up intrigued.

"Let me show you what you get up to whenever you're drunk" Max handed her his phone telling her to browse through the photos. The first one was of her laughing with Thea, the next, she was talking with Nadia both of them smiling. Actually, most of them were like that. Either she was smiling or laughing or just happy.

"So I'm this disciplined then? If that's the case then I should drink more often. Look at how normal I look. You wouldn't even think I was.... Oh my God" her hand flew to her mouth when she got to the last photo. No, it had to be the first one he'd taken "Max, are you insane?" she whispered, stunned by the photo.

"Hot, right?" he breathed in her ear, causing a shiver to run down her spine "I can't stop staring at it, staring at you"

She scrutinized it, taking stock of her position. Her back was on the wall, head thrown back with his mouth on her neck, legs around his waist, dress too. She couldn't see where her bra was but she definitely wasn't wearing it. With her breasts pressed against his bare chest, they looked like one of those models who took suggestive photos. It was between erotic and sexy. A hint of flesh but nothing too much. As if he was aiming to get your imagination going without making them look vulgar. She realized that if they cropped their faces out, they could end up on the cover of one of those romantic books Thea loved to read.

"Is this the reason you got me drunk?"

"Hey, I didn't get you drunk. By the time I came back from talking to Preston, you were already past your limit baby. By the way, have I ever told you how much I love drunk Emilia?"

She snorted "Why? Because she's always so docile?"

"That and the fact that she's horny, wild, really really sexy" he told her caressing her thigh.

"I can't believe we actually did this again. It's so embarrassing, what if someone caught us?"

"I locked the door. But I'm pretty sure Preston heard you screaming my name"

That reminded her "By the way, what did you two talk about while you were outside?" immediately he snatched his hand away and sat up. She wasn't really interested in knowing their secrets but his behavior heightened her curiosity, so that now she wasn't going to stop until he told her "Max, we agreed no more secrets"