Chapter 24: Time To Move

"Have you seen Max?" silence "I'm talking to you Mel. Have you seen Max?"

"Why do you expect me to answer your questions even after I've made my feelings about you crystal clear?"

She rolled her eyes. Give this old witch some power and she'd turn the entire Carter household upside down "You know that bitch isn't going to come back. Right? Sooner or later you're going to have to respect me. Because eventually, I will be the one beside Max and not her"

"Move aside Lisandra, I don't have the time to stand here and indulge you in your silly dreams"

"Just you wait Mel. Once he marries me, I will kick you out of this house in a flash. Just you wait"

Snickering, Mel pushed her aside saying "For Max to marry you, he has to divorce Emilia first. Do you think you'll have a chance once he sees her again?"

Lisandra curled her hands into fists. How she hated that woman. They'd never gotten along ever since the first time they met. It's not something that bothered her but now that she was about to make a move on Max, she needed to be careful. He valued that woman's input. It angered her that she had so much control over him even though she was just a simple house help. The first thing she would do after becoming Max's wife would be to kick her out. Although she did have a point. If he saw his wife again, would he go back to her? It had only been a year since she'd left. Was that enough time for him to get over her? Damn that bitch. Damn them both. Grabbing another maid, she asked her where Max was.

"He's in the gym ma'am"

"The gym?"

"Yes ma'am"

"Okay, you can leave" she flicked her wrist in dismissal. At least this one knew her place. Since Genevieve was out of the way and Gwen was busy with her boyfriend, this house was practically hers. She was so close to getting what she wanted. Max being in the gym was also a good sign. It meant he wanted to burn off steam. If she hurried, she could catch him before he left.

Today she'd come prepared. In a gold wrap dress that was held by two strings on her waist and a gorgeous black lace underwear underneath, Max wouldn't resist her even if he wanted to. She'd known him for long, knew his likes and dislikes. Hell, she'd asked his ex girlfriends what he liked and how he liked it. She had done extensive research all throughout high school and college just so she would be ready when the time came. Nothing would stop her today, not even that grumpy old witch. Pushing the door to the gym open, she stood beside it, watching him for a few minutes. He was on the treadmill clad in shorts and a tank top. God, she'd never seen anything so beautiful. No man would ever compare to him.

"Can you ease up a little? We don't want you overworking yourself now, do we?" she said softly. He punched the buttons in front of him and she looked on as he slowed down until he finally came to a stop.

"Hey, do you have plans with Gwen?"

"We did but she stood me up last minute to go out with her boyfriend. Can you believe her?" she lied.

"Yeah, well, I still don't like him. Something about him doesn't sit well with me"

"They're just going out. As long as he hasn't proposed yet, there's nothing to worry about"

"Mmm you're right" he grabbed a bottle of water and a towel. Lisandra moved from the door. He was a little distracted so he didn't see her lock it.

"You should also try to go out Max. It's been a year since..." she trailed off not wanting to mention that woman "You're young, handsome and a total catch. Any woman would be lucky to have you"