Work~ Natalia Romanoff imagine

You chuckled at the joke that Nat had just told you. "Where did you get that one from?" You asked her.

"Oh you know. Just one of those ones that you keep on hearing everywhere that you go." She replied. That was confusing since it was the first time that you had ever heard it. She was mysterious like that though. Natasha was a friend that you believe you know everything about, but then you find out that there is thousands of secrets that you had no idea existed, but for some reason, you still trusted her. You were having one of your weekly meet ups after work. Nat and you both worked in a bar near the centre of Manhattan. You liked working there, even though some days were like living nightmares. Especially when men got drunk and started swearing at everybody.

   Today was like any other day at work. Thank God that it was Friday. "No work tomorrow, or the day after!" You reminded your friend.

"Finally a day away from you." She teased.

"Oh come one. You know you love me really." You responded.

"What a treat." A middle aged man flirted with you. "To what do I owe the pleasure of seeing a real angel here tonight?" You felt slightly uncomfortable in the current situation that you were stuck in. You looked over to Nat, unsure of what to do, but she seemed to have no idea either.

"Umm... Thank you sir, but I am going to have to ask you to leave, since we are closing soon." You stated hesitantly.

"No! You're coming with me." He ordered.

"Sir, I have asked politely. Will you please leave?" He just grabbed your wrist tightly and pulled you along with him.

"Leave her alone!" Natasha yelled. You signalled to her that you had it all under cover, and she nodded puzzled. The guy twisted you around to face him.

"Please stop wriggling!" He hissed. Now was your chance. You slapped the kidnapper round the face. This was only used as a distraction for something much bigger. "Was that supposed to hurt?" He asked. You roundhouse kicked him in the chest, which sent him flying into the wall, knocking him out.

"Nope." You said in response of his question.

   You decided to phone the ambulances and the police and explain what had happened, and apologised for what you had done to the (not so) poor man.

"Well... How do you explain that? It's like you have superpowers!" Nat expressed as you left work.

"You haven't seen it all yet." This made her raise an eyebrow before clearing her throat.

"Welcome to the Avengers (Y/N)." She held out a beige folder, and gave it to you. On the front, you noticed that it said Avengers initiative. You looked over to your best friend and smiled. You hugged her, and she hugged you back.

"You haven't seen it all yet." You replied.