CHAPTER 59

read at your own risk. violence is present in this chapter.

The darkness made my heart cry,

And everything perished like how a bullet sank on one's skin, causing the visions to glide like a terrible phantasm.

There are different kinds of darkness, the darkness that calms your soul and soothes your nerves. Giving a lull in fighting for your life and simmering down the agitation and chaos in your mind.

The darkness that allows you to think clearly, the darkness that despite of its gloomy demeanour, beauty is still what you see.

There is also darkness that reminds you of something sad, reminds you that you're alone, whether you're with many people when the sun rises, at the end of the day, what you only really have is yourself.

There is also darkness that is hard to remain in. It's suffocating, it's making you breathless, and it's making you hope to end your life. The darkness that presents the ugly past you buried deep down. The darkness that is... deadly for me.

It is where I am now, the place where the chances of survival were straitened by no-good wretches of life... with someone who has the ability to ruin mirth, as well as killing everything of macrocosm.

"Gising na ba ang mga 'yan?"

I tried moving, getting the smallest chances I got to free myself but not to avail. Sa halip ay tiningnan ko na lang si Mae na tahimik namang nakamasid lang sa mga taong labas-pasok sa isang silid kung nasaan kami.

This place is not familiar, but it's similar to where they once brought me with my sister. Maalikabok ang abandonadong silid. Every time they try to speak, their voices echo on every corner of this dusty room. Kahit ang inuupuan namin ni Mae kung saan kami nakatali, puno rin ng alikabok kaya nangangati ang binti at mga braso ko.

They all turned to look at us. Now, they were not wearing masks to cover their faces. Their visages were now bare before our eyes. Kitang-kita ko kung gaano sila nasisiyahan sa nakikita nila ngayon.

Lumakad ang isang lalaki papunta sa 'min. Every step screams danger, nagliliparan ang mga alikabok sa tuwing tinatapakan ng madumi nyang sapatos ang maabok na sahig. I swallowed hard, I wasn't afraid to show them my fright, sobra pa doon ang nararamdaman ko ngayon lalo't kasama ko si Mae na nandito sa loob. They might hurt her, and I couldn't stand that.

Tumigil sya nang makarating sya sa harapan ko. I silently tried to free myself again, but I couldn't even move at least my fingers because it's getting numb every moment. The tightness of the chain encircling on my hands and feet was giving us a limited movement.

"Nakatakas ka dati. Ngayon, hinding-hindi ka na namin pakakawalan."

His formidable voice sparked another flame of fear inside me. Lalo na noong tiningnan nya si Mae at doon naman ibinaling ang atensyon nya. Mae, as I know, a brave woman remained looking at him, although, there were no traces of fright on her face, the perspiration on her forehead tells that she really is scared. Too scared to even say something.

"Isa lang naman ang pinapadala ni boss, ah? Bakit may kasama 'to?" Tinuro nito si Mae at tiningnan ang mga kasamahan nya.

"Nakita kami, eh kaya dinala na namin. Kilala naman yata nya 'yan. Baka mabulilyaso pa tayo kung hahayaan nating makatakas, mahirap na baka magsumbong pa."

"Ayos lang. Kapag nakuha na naman ni boss ang gusto nya, ididispatya na naman kaagad sya. Ang mas maganda pa doon, baka iregalo pa 'to ni boss sa 'tin."

Mae and I gasped when we realized what they were thinking. Binalingan ako ni Mae na ngayon ay bakas na sa mukha ang takot. Nagsisisi akong nadamay pa sya dito. This is supposed to be about me.