CHAPTER 29

"Wow! Fries and Yakult!" I dig my hand inside the paper bag, exclaiming in surprise upon realizing what's inside. Nang makuha ko ito, I sighed dreamily and snuggled up on the car's backrest. I looked at Jason, and he's smiling from ear-to-ear.

"Where are you taking me?" tanong ko habang nakatingin sa daan. It's already 8 pm in the evening and it's already dark, good thing there are streetlights on the side street.

He turned to look at me, hands still on the steering wheel. "We'll go on a date."

I took a gulp of yakult and nodded. "Saan nga?" I asked while pushing a morsel of fries into my mouth.

He smirked, fixing his eyes on the road. "We'll have dinner with my family."

Nabulunan ako. I hammered my chest while coughing. I heard him cuss before parking his car on the nearest corner. Binigyan nya ako ng bottled water. I immediately drank it, and I could feel the swallowed food going down, giving me a better feeling.

"Hinay-hinay ka nga kung kumain," naiinis na sabi nya.

I looked at him and sneered. "Sinong hindi magugulat sa sinabi mo kanina?!"

"What's wrong with that, anyway? Hindi ka naman kakainin ng parents ko."

I made a deep inarticulate sound in response to what he said before rolling my eyes. "I can't do that..."

He looked bewildered. "Why? What's wrong? They're nice."

"Oh my, god!" I hit his chest because I couldn't believe he's saying that! "That's not the problem! What will you say if they're gonna ask me why am I there?!"

"To eat dinner?" he, replied, confusedly.

"You're unbelievable!" I let out a paroxysm of annoyance before glaring at him.

"What's wrong, Gina?" He inquired, looking at me, "If you're worried if they're gonna like you, I'm sure they will because I already told them about you."

"W-What?" my eyes widened, mortified, and I immediately turned to him. "You did that?!" I exclaimed, ready to seize him.

"Why not?" He shrugged, haughtily, creeping up a smirk on his face. "You're my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend!" bulalas ko at halos mabitawan ang yakult na hawak. "Kailan pa?!" I abruptly asked, immediately traced the day we talked.

His lips started to purse, looking irritated. "Don't joke around. Come on. I told you, let's date and be exclusive. You said yes."

"Yeah... Does that mean you're my boyfriend, now?" I asked, disconcerted.

"Wait up," he raised his left palm, eyebrows furrowed. "What did you think we are after that, anyway? You think we're friends?!"

"No! I thought you're courting me!"

"Well, I am, but we're already exclusive. Like, we're on a relationship pero nililigawan pa rin kita."

"You should've told me!" sabi ko. "I thought you're still courting! I was planning to say yes tonight or the next day!"

"The fuck, Ginarelle? I thought we were clear. I even kissed you after telling you about that!"

Napatikom ako ng bibig at hindi na sinabayan pa ang iritasyon nya. Akala ko kasi talaga, liligawan nya pa ako... Like, we're not in a relationship but we're getting there, just some steps away. I didn't know the gravity of the word 'exclusive' to him.

"Okay, fine!" I said, giving up. Iritado syang nagpakawala ng hininga at hindi ako tiningnan. "But, for real? I’m meeting your parents now?"

"Yeah," he lazily answered, halatang dinidibdib parin ang sinabi ko. "Don't worry. They already like you, anyway."